quinta-feira, 25 de fevereiro de 2010
Jaya Radhe Jaya Krsna Jaya Vrndavana
Jaya Radhe Jaya Krsna Jaya Vrndavana
(Canção tradicional em Hindi)
jaya radhe jaya krsna jaya vrndavana
rasika mukt-mani jaya gopi-gana
Todas as glórias a Radha! Todas as glórias a Krsna! Todas as glórias a Vrndavana! Todas as glórias as gopis, que são as rasikas mais elevadas.
radhe radhe rate syama, radhe radhe rate syama
radhe syama yugala nama mero hai jivana
Syama canta "Radhe Radhe", e Radha canta "Syama Syama". O nome do Casal Divino Radhe-Syama é minha vida e alma.
mero eka prana dhana eka hi hai jivana
nandanandana madana-mohana radhika ramana
O único tesouro da minha vida é Nandanandana, Madana-mohana, Radhika-ramana.
syama hi so mero pyara syama hi mero bhartar
syama hi samayo atho yama tana mana
Eu amo Syama e Ele é meu marido. Syama preenche meu corpo e mente durante todo dia e toda a noite.
main to haun vahi sahacari radhe rani ki
nitya dhama vrndavana maharani ki
Sou a serva de Radharani, que é a eterna rainha de Vrndavana.
nitya dhama nitya .
Jai Jai Sri Radhee !!!!
Aprenda a cantar Hare Krsna Maha Mantra
seguencia tradicional hare krsna segundo a linha de sri krsna caitanaya mahaprabhu
Bhajans da manhã
Bhajan simples, na seguinte ordem: Gurudeva, Parampara, Vaisnava, Nityananda, Gauranga e Radhe e Krsna.
03- Sri Gurvastakam ou Sri Gurvastakam (Bengali version)
04- Sri Guru-Parampara
05- Sri Vaisnava-Vandana
06- Akrodha Paramananda
07- ‘Gauranga’ Balite Ha’be
08- Sri Radha-Krpa-Kataksa-Stava-Raja
09- Sri Nanda-Nandanastakam
Bhajan mais demorado.
03- Sri Gurvastakam ou Sri Gurvastakam (Bengali version)
04- Sri Guru-Parampara
05- Sri Vaisnava-Vandana
06- Jiva jago
07- Bhaja Bhaja Hari
09- Sri sad-Gosvamyastakam
10- Sri Yamunastakam
11- Sri Lalitastakam
12- Sri Vrnda-Devyastakam
13- Sri Govardhanastakam
14- Sri Gandharva-Samprarthanastakam
15- (Krsna) Deva! Bhavantam Vande
16- Gitam – Sri Sri Radhika Pada-Padme Vijnapti
01- Gurudeva, Krpa Karke
02- Ohe! Vaisnava Thakura
03- Akrodha Paramananda
04- ‘Gauranga’ Balite Ha’be
05- Sakhi-Vrnde Vijnapti
06- (Krsna) Deva! Bhavantam
07- Gitam – Sri Sri Radhika Pada-Padme Vijnapti
Bhajam mais completo.
01- Guru-Carana-Kamala Bhaja Mana
02- Gurudeva! Krpa-Bindu Diya
03- Gurudeva! Bada Krpa Kari’
04- Sri Guru-Carana-Padma
05- Krpa Kara Vaisnava Thakura
06- Thakura Vaisnava-Pada
07- Je Anila Prema-Dhana
08- Ei-Bara Karuna Kara
19- Sri Mangala-Gitam
20- Jaya Radha Madhava
Songs of Srila Narottama Dasa
Songs of Srila Narottama Dasa
Prayer to One's Beloved Lord
hari hari! bifale janama gonainu
manusya-janama paiya, radha-krsna na bhajiya,
janiya suniya bisa khainu
golokera prema-dhana, hari-nama-sankirtana,
rati na janmilo kene tay
samsara-bisanale, diba-nisi hiya jwale,
juraite na koinu upay
brajendra-nandana jei, saci-suta hoilo sei,
balarama hoilo nitai
dina-hino jata chilo, hari-name uddharilo,
tara saksi jagai madhai
ha ha prabhu nanda-suta, vrsabhanu-suta-juta,
koruna karoho ei-baro
narottama-dasa koy, na theliho ranga pay,
toma bine ke ache amara
(1)O Lord Hari I have spent my life uselessly. Having obtained a human birth and having net worshiped Radha and Krsna, I have knowingly drunk poison.
(2) The treasure of divine love in Goloka Vrndavana has descended as the congregational chanting of Lord Hari's holy names. Why did my attraction for that chanting never come about? Day and night my heart burns from the fire of the poison of worldliness, and I have not taken the means to relieve it.
(3) Lord Krsna, who is the son of the King of Vraja, became the son of Saci (Lord Caitanya), and Balarama became Nitai. The holy name delivered all those souls who were lowly and wretched. The two sinners Jagai and Madhai are evidence of this.
(4) O Lord Krsna, son of Nanda, accompanied by the daughter of Vrsabhanu, please be merciful to me now. Narottama Dasa says, "O Lord, please do not push me away from Your reddish lotus feet, for who is my beloved except for You?"
'gauranga' polite habe pulaka-sarira
'hari hari' bolite nayane ba'be nira
ara kabe nitai-cander koruna hoibe
samsara-basana mora kabe tuccha ha'be
visaya chariya kabe suddha ha'be mana
kabe hama herabo sri-brndabana
rupa-raghunatha-pade hoibe akuti
kabe hama bujhabo se jugala-piriti
rupa-raghunatha-pade rahu mora asa
prarthana koroye sada narottama-dasa
hari haraye namah krsna yadavaya namah
yadavaya madhavaya kesavaya namah
gopala govinda rama sri-madhusudana
giridhari gopinatha madana-mohana
hari guru vaisnaba bhagavata gita
sri-rupa sanatana bhatta-raghunath
sri jiva gopala-bhatta dasa-raghunath
ei chay gosair kori carana vandan
jaha hoite bighna-nas abhista-puran
ei chay gosai jar-- mui tar das
ta-sabara pada-renu mora panca-gras
tadera carana-sebi-bhakta-sane bas
janame janame hoy ei abhilas
ei chay gosai jabe braje koila bas
radha-krsna-nitya-lila korila prakas
anande bolo hari bhaja brndaban
sri-guru-vaisnaba-pade majaiya man
sri-guru-vaisnaba-pada-padma kori as
nama-sankirtana kohe narottama das
Prayer to the Sakhis
radha-krsna prana mora jugala-kisora
jivane marane gati aro nahi mora
kalindira kule keli-kadambera vana
ratana-bedira upara bosabo du'jana
syama-gauri-ange dibo (cuwa) candanera gandha
camara dhulabo kabe heri mukha-candra
gathiya-malatir mala dibo dohara gale
adhare tuliya dibo karpura-tambule
lalita visakha-adi jata sakhi-brnda
ajnaya koribo seba caranaravinda
sri-krsna-caitanya-prabhur daser anudasa
seva abhilasa kore narottama-dasa
1) The divine couple, Sri Radha and Krsna, are my life and soul. In life or death I have no other refuge but Them.
2) In a forest of small kadamba trees on the bank of the Yamuna, I will seat the divine couple on a throne made of brilliant jewels.
3) I will anoint Their dark and fair forms with sandalwood paste scented with cuya, and I will fan Them with a camara whisk. Oh, when will I behold Their moon like faces?
4) After stringing together garlands at malati flowers I will place them around Their necks, and I will offer tambuta scented with camphor to Their lotus mouths.
5) With the permission of all the sakhis, headed by Lalita and Visakha, I will serve the lotus feet of Radha and Krsna.
6) Narottama Dasa, the servant of the servant of Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, longs for this service to the divine couple.
Lamentation Due to Separation from the Lord and His Associates
je anilo prema-dhana koruna pracur
heno prabhu kotha gela acarya-thakur
kaha mora swarup rupa kaha sanatan
kaha dasa raghunatha patita-pavan
kaha mora bhatta-juga kaha kaviraj
eka-kale kotha gela gora nata-raj
pasane kutibo matha anale pasibo
gauranga gunera nidhi kotha gele pabo
se-saba sangira sange je koilo bilas
se-sanga na paiya kande narottama das
1) He who brought the treasure of divine love and who was filled with compassion and mercy--where has such a personality as Srinivasa Acarya gone ?
2) Where are my Svardpa Damodara and Rupa Gosvami? Where is Sanatana? Where is Raghunatha Dasa, the savior of the fallen?
3) Where are my Raghunatha Bhatta and Gopala Bhatta, and where is Krsnadasa Kaviraja? Where did Lord Gauranga, the great dancer, suddenly go?
4) I will smash my head against the rock and enter into the fire. Where will I find Lord Gauranga, the reservoir of all wonderful qualities?
5) Being unable to obtain the association of Lord Gauranga accompanied by all of these devotees in whose association He performed His pastimes, Narottama Dasa simply weeps.
The Glories of Sri Gauranga
gaurangera duti pada, jar dhana sampada,
se jane bhakati-rasa-sar
gaurangera madhura-lila, jar karne pravesila,
hrdoya nirmala bhelo tar
je gaurangera nama loy, tara hoy premodoy,
tare mui jai bolihari
gauranga-gunete jhure, nitya-lila tare sphure,
se jana bhakati-adhikari
gaurangera sangi-gane, nitya-siddha kori' mane,
se jay brajendra-suta-pas
sri-gauda-mandala-bhumi, jeba jane cintamani,
tara hoy braja-bhume bas
gaura-prema-rasarnave, se tarange jeba dube,
grhe ba vanete thake, 'ha gauranga' bo'le dake,
narottama mage tara sanga
The Worship of Sri Guru
bando mui savadhana mate
jahara prasade bhai, e bhava toriya jai,
krsna-prapti hoy jaha ha'to
guru-mukha-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya,
ar na koriho mane asa
sri-guru-carane rati, ei se uttama-gati,
je prasade pure sarv asa
cakhu-dan dilo jei, janme janme prabhu sei,
divya-jnan hrde prokasito
prema-bhakti jaha hoite, avidya vinasa jate,
vede gay jahara carito
sri-guru karuna-sindhu, adhama janara bandhu,
lokanath lokera jivana
ha ha prabhu koro doya, deho more pada-chaya,
ebe jasa ghusuk tribhuvana
1) The lotus feet of our spiritual master are the only way by which we can attain pure devotional service. I bow to his lotus feet with great awe and reverence. By his grace one can cross the ocean of material suffering and obtain the mercy of Krsna.
2) My only wish is to have my consciousness purified by the words emanating from his lotus mouth. Attachment to his lotus feet is the perfection that fulfills all desires.
3) He opens my darkened eyes and fills my heart with transcendental knowledge. He is my Lord birth after birth. From him ecstatic prema emanates; by him ignorance is destroyed. The Vedic scriptures sing of his character.
4) Our spiritual master is the ocean of mercy, the fiend of the poor, and the lord and master of the devotees. O master! Be merciful unto me. Give me the shade of your lotus feet. Your fame is spread all over the three worlds.
A Prayer to the Lotus Feet of Sri Gauranga
sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu doya koro more
toma bina ke doyalu jagat-samsare
patita-pavana-hetu tava avatara
mo sama patita prabhu na paibe ara
ha ha prabhu nityananda, premananda sukhi
krpabalokana koro ami boro duhkhi
doya koro sita-pati adwaita gosai
tava Krpa-bale pai caitanya-nitai
ha ha swarup, sanatana, rupa, raghunatha
bhatta-juga, sri-jiva ha prabhu lokanatha
doya koro sri-acarya prabhu srinivasa
ramacandra-sanga mage narottama-dasa
Teachings to the Mind
je chayay jagata juray
heno nitai bine bhai, radha-krsna paite nai,
drdha kori' dharo nitair pay
se sambandha nahi ja'r, brtha janma gelo ta'r,
se pasu boro duracar
nitai na bolilo mukhe, majilo samsara-sukhe,
vidya-kule ki koribe tar
ahankare matta hoiya, nitai-pada pasariya,
asatyere satya kori mani
nitaiyer koruna habe, braje radha-krsna pabe,
dharo nitai-carana du'khani
nitaiyer carana satya, tahara sevaka nitya,
nitai-pada sada koro asa
narottama boro dukhi, nitai more koro sukhi,
rakho ranga-caranera pasa
Sri Rupa Manjari Pada
The Feet of Sri Rupa Manjari
sri-rupa-manjari-pada, sei mora sampada,
sei mor bhajana-pujana
sei mora prana-dhana, sei mora abharana,
sei mor jivanera jivana
sei mora rasa-nidhi, sei mora vancha-siddhi,
sei mor vedera dharama
sei brata, sei tapa, sei mora mantra-japa,
sei mor dharama-karama
anukula habe vidhi, se-pade hoibe siddhi,
nirakhibo e dui nayane
se rupa-madhuri-rasi, prana-kuvalaya-sasi,
praphullita habe nisi-dine
tuwa adarsana-ahi, garale jaralo dehi,
ciro-dina tapita jivana
ha ha rupa koro doya, deho more pada-chaya,
narottama loilo sarana
1) The lotus feet of Sri Rupa Manjari are my treasure, my devotional service, and my object of worship.
2) They give my life meaning, and They are the life of my life.
3) They are the perfection of rasa, and they are perfection worthy of attainment. They are the very law of the Vedic scriptures for me.
4) They are the meaning of all my fasts and penances and my silent uttering of my mantras. They are the basis of religion and activities.
5) By the purifying process of favorable devotional service one will attain perfection and with these two eyes be able to see.
6) His transcendental form is shining like moonlight in my heart, and my heart therefore shines and reciprocates. In other words, the ordinary moon lights up the night, and its shine illuminates other objects; but the moon of the effulgence of the form of Sri Rupa Manjari shines into the heart and makes the heart also shine back to the spiritual sky. This moon shines not only in the nighttime, but day and night.
7) Your absence from my vision is like a dose of strong poison, and I will suffer till the end of my life.
8) Narottama Dasa Thakura says: "Please give me your mercy and the shade of your lotus feet."
Prayer to the Vaisnava
ei-baro karuna koro vaisnava gosai
patita-pavana toma bine keho nai
jahara nikate gele papa dure jay
emona doyala prabhu keba kotha pay
gangara parasa hoile pascate pavan
darsana pavitra koro--ei tomara gun
hari-sthane aparadhe tare hari-nam
toma sthane aparadhe nahi paritran
tomara hrdoye sada govinda-visram
govinda kohena--mora vaisnava paran
prati-janme kori asa caranera dhuli
narottame koro doya apanara boli'
(1) 0 Vaisnava Gosvami, please be merciful to me now. There is no one except you who can purify the fallen souls.
(2) Where does anyone find such a merciful personality by whose mere audience all sins go far away?
(3) After bathing in the waters of the sacred Ganges many times, one becomes purified, but just by the sight of you, the fallen souls are purified. This is your great power.
(4) The holy name delivers one who has committed an offense to Lord Hari, but if one commits an offense to you, there is no means of deliverance.
(5) Your heart is always the resting place of Lord Govinda, and Lord Govinda says, "The Vaisavas are in My heart."
(6) I desire the dust of your holy feet in every birth I may take. Please consider Narottama yours, and be kind upon him.
Songs of Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura
songs of Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura
Kirtana songs to be sung at dawn (from Gitavali)
udilo aruna puraba-bhage,
dwija-mani gora amani jage,
bhakata-samuha loiya sathe,
'tathai tathai' bajalo khol,
ghana ghana tahe jhajera rol,
preme dhala dhala sonara anga,
carane nupura baje
mukunda madhava yadava hari,
bolena bolo re vadana bhori',
miche nida-base gelo re rati,
emana durlabha manava-deho,
paiya Ki koro bhava na keho,
ebe na bhajile yasoda-suta,
carame poribe laje
udita tapana hoile asta,
dina gelo boli' hoibe byasta,
tabe keno ebe alasa hoy,
na bhaja hrdoya-raje
jivana anitya janaha sar,
tahe nana-vidha vipada-bhar,
namasraya kori'jatane tumi,
thakaha apana kaje
jagate asi' e madhura nam,
krsna-nama-sudha koriya pan,
nama bina kichu nahiko aro,
1) When the rising sun appeared in the East, the jewel of the twice-born, Lord Gaurasundara, awakened, and, taking His devotees with Him, He went all over the countryside towns and villages
2) and played the mrdanga, and the cymbals chimed in time. Lord Gauranga's shimmering golden features danced, and His foot bells jingled.
3) All the devotees chanted the names Mukunda, Madhava, Yadava and Hari, their mouths being filled with the vibrations. They would announce to the still sleeping people, "You spend your nights uselessly sleeping and your days decorating your bodies!
4) You have achieved such a rare human body, but you do not care for this gift. You remain not serving the darling of Yasoda and slowly Fe]l through your last moments to death.
5) With every rising and setting of the sun, a day passes and is lost. Then, why do you remain idle and not serve the Lord of the heart?
6) This temporary life is full of various miseries. Take shelter of the holy name as your only business.
7) To penetrate the darkness of ignorance and bless everyone's heart, the holy name has risen like the shining sun.
8) Drink the pure nectar of the holy name. There is nothing but the name to be had in the fourteen worlds. It has filled the soul of Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura.
jiv jago, jiv jago, gauracanda bole
kota nidra jao maya-pisacira kole
bhajibo boliya ese samsara-bhitare
bhuliya rohile tumi avidyara bhare
tomare loite ami hoinu avatara
ami bina bandhu ara ke ache tomara
enechi ausadhi maya nasibaro lagi'
hari-nama maha-mantra lao tumi magi'
bhakativinoda prabhu-carane pariya
sei hari-nama-mantra loilo magiya
1) Lord Gauranga is calling, "Wake up, sleeping souls! Wake up, sleeping souls! How long will you sleep in the lap of the witch called Maya?
2) You have forgotten the way of devotional service and are lost in the world of birth and death.
3) I have descended just to save you; other than Myself you have no friend in this world.
4) I have brought the medicine that will wipe out the disease of illusion from which you are suffering. Take this maha-mantra--Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare."
5) Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says: "I fall at the Lord's feet, having taken this maha-mantra."
gay gora madhur sware
hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
grhe thako, vane thako, sada 'hari' bole' dako,
sukhe duhkhe bhulo na'ko, vadane hari-nam koro re
maya-jale baddha ho'ye, acho miche Kaja lo'ye,
ekhona cetana pe'ye, 'radha-madhav' nam bolo re
jivana hoilo sesa, na bhajile hrsikesa
bhaktivinodopadesa, ekbar nam-rase mato re
1) Lord Gaurasundara sings in a very sweet voice, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.
2) Whether you are a householder or a sannyasi, constantly chant "Hari! Hari!" Do not forget this chanting, whether you are in a happy condition or a distressful one. Just fill your lips with the hari-nama.
3) You are bound up in the network of Maya and are forced to toil fruitlessly. Now you have obtained full consciousness in the human form of life, so chant the names of Radha-Madhava.
4) Your life may end at any moment, and you have not served the Lord of the senses, Hrsikesa. Take this advice of Bhaktivinoda Thakura: "Just once, relish the nectar of the holy name!"
gopinath, mama nivedana suno
visayi durjana, sada kama-rata,
kichu nahi mora guna
gopinath, amara bharasa tumi
tomara carane, loinu sarana,
tomara kinkora ami
gopinath, kemone sodhibe more
na jani bhakati, karme jada-mati,
gopinath, sakali tomara maya
nahi mama bala, jnana sunirmala,
swadhina nahe e kaya
gopinath, niyata carane sthana
mage e pamara, kandiya kandiya
korohe karuni dana
gopinath, tumi to' sakali paro
durjane tarite, tomara sakati,
ke ache papira aro
gopinath, tumi krpa-parabara
jivera karane, asiya prapance,
lila koile subistara
gopinath, ami ki dose dosi
asura sakala, pailo carana,
vinoda thakilo bosi'
1) O Gopinatha, Lord of the gopis, please hear my request. I am a wicked materialist, always addicted to worldly desires, and no good qualities do I possess.
2) 0 Gopinatha, You are my only hope, and therefore I have taken shelter at Your lotus feet. I am now Your eternal servant.
3) 0 Gopinatha, how will You purify me? I do not know what devotion is, and my materialistic mind is absorbed in fruitive work. I have fallen into this dark and perilous worldly existence.
4) 0 Gopinatha, everything here is Your illusory energy. I have no strength or transcendental knowledge, and this body of mine is not independent and free from the control of material nature.
5) 0 Gopinatha, this sinner, who is weeping and weeping, begs for an eternal place at Your divine feet. Please give him Your mercy.
6) 0 Gopinatha, You are able to do anything, and therefore You have the power to deliver all sinners. Who is there that is more of a sinner than myself?
7) 0 Gopinatha, You are the ocean of mercy. Having come into this phenomenal world, You expand Your divine pastimes for the sake of the fallen souls.
8) 0 Gopinatha, I am so sinful that although all the demons attained Your lotus feet, Bhaktivinoda has remained in worldly existence.
gopinath, ghucao samsara-jwala
avidya-jatana, aro nahi sahe,
gopinath, ami to' kamera dasa
visaya-bhasana, jagiche hrdoye,
phadiche karama phase
gopinath, kabe va jagibo ami
kama-rupa ari, dure teyagibo,
hrdoye sphuribe tumi
gopinath, ami to' tomara jana
tomare chariya, samsara bhajinu,
gopinath, tumi to' sokali jano
apanara jane, dandiya ekhano,
sri-carane deho sthano
gopinath, ei ki vicara taba
bimukha dekhiya, charo nija-jane,
na koro' karuna-laba
gopinath, ami to murakha ati
kise bhalo hoya, kabhu na bujhinu
tai heno mama gati
gopinath, tumi to'pandita-bara
mudhera mangala, tumi anvesibe
e dase na bhavo' para
1) O Gopinatha, please remove the torment of worldly existence. I can no longer tolerate the pain of ignorance and the repeated succession of births and deaths.
2) 0 Gopinatha, indeed I am a servant of lust. Worldly desires are awakening in my heart, and thus the noose of fruitive work is beginning to tighten.
3) 0 Gopinatha, when will I wake up and abandon afar this enemy of lust, end when will You manifest Yourself in my heart?
4) 0 Gopinatha, I am Your devotee, but having abandoned You and thus having forgotten my real treasure, I have worshiped this mundane world.
5) O Gopinatha, You know everything. Now, having punished Your servant, please give him a place at Your lotus feet.
6) 0 Gopinatha, is this Your judgment, that seeing me averse to You, You abandon Your servant and don't bestow even a particle of mercy upon him?
7) 0 Gopinatha, I am certainly very foolish, and I have never known what is good for me. Therefore such is my condition.
8) 0 Gopinatha, You are indeed the wisest person. Please look for a way to bring about auspiciousness for this fool, and please do not consider this servant as an outsider.
gopinath, amara upaya nai
tumi krpa kori', amare loile,
samsare uddhara pai
gopinath, porechi mayara phere
dhana, dara, suta, ghireche amare,
kamete rekheche jere
gopinath, mana je pagala mora
na mane sasana, sada acetana,
visaye ro'yeche ghora
gopinath, hara je menechi ami
aneka jatana, hoilo bifala,
ekhano bharasa tumi
gopinath, kemone hoibe gati
prabala indriya, bosi-bhuta mana,
na chare visaya-rati
gopinath, hrdoye bosiya mora
manake samiya, laho nija pane,
ghucibe vipada ghora
gopinath, anatha dekhiya more
tumi hrsikesa, hrsika damiya,
gopinath, galaya legeche phase
krpa-asi dhori', bandhana chediya,
vinode koroho dasa
1) O Gopinatha, I have no means of success, but if You take me, having bestowed your mercy upon me, then I will obtain deliverance from this world.
2) 0 Gopinatha, I have fallen into the perils of material illusion. Wealth, wife, and sons have surrounded me, and lust has wasted me away.
3) 0 Gopinatha, my mind is crazy and does not care for any authority. It is always senseless and has remained in the dark pit of worldly affairs.
4) 0 Gopinatha, I have accepted my defeat. All of my various endeavors were useless. Now You are the only hope.
5) 0 Gopinatha, how shall I make any advancement when my mind has come under the control of the powerful senses and does not abandon its attachment to materialism?
6) 0 Gopinatha, after sitting down in the core of my heart and subduing my mind, please wake me to You. In this way the horrible dangers of this world will disappear.
7) 0 Gopinatha, You are Hrsikesa, the Lord of the senses. Seeing me so helpless, please control these senses of mine and deliver me from this dark and perilous worldly existence.
8) 0 Gopinatha, the noose of materialism has become fixed around my neck. Taking up the sword of Your mercy and cutting this bondage, make this Bhaktivinoda Your humble servant.
gurudev! krpa-bindu diya, koro'ei dase,
trnapekha ati hina
sakala sahane, bala diya koro',
sakale sammana korite sakati
deho' natha! jathajatha
tabe to' gaibo, hari-nama-sukhe
aparadha ha'be hata
kabe heno krpa, labhiya e jana,
krtartha hoibe, natha!
sakti-buddhi-hina, ami ati dina,
koro' more atma-satha
jogyata-vicare, kichu nahi pai,
tomara karuna - sara
karuna na hoile, kandiya kandiya,
prana na rakhibo ara
1) Gurudeva, give to this servant just one drop of mercy. I am lower than a blade of grass. Give me all help. Give me strength. Let me be as you are, without desires or aspirations.
2) I offer you all respects, for thus I may have the energy to know you correctly. Then, by chanting the holy name in great ecstasy, all my offenses will cease.
3) When will such mercy fall to this one who is weak and devoid of intelligence? Allow me to be with you.
4) If you examine me, you will find no qualities. Your mercy is all that I am made of. If you are not merciful unto me, I can on]y weep, and I will not be able to maintain my life.
Manasa Deho Geha
manasa, deho, geho, jo kichu mor
arpilu tuwa pade, nanda-kisor!
sampade vipade, jivane-marane
day mama gela, tuwa o-pada barane
marobirakhobi - jo iccha tohara
nitya-dasa prati tuwa adhikara
janmaobi moe iccha jadi tor
bhakta-grhe jani janma hau mor
kita-janma hau jatha tuwa das
bahir-mukha brahma-janme nahi as
bhukti-mukti-sprha vihina je bhakta
labhaite tako sanga anurakta
janaka, janani, dayita, tanay
prabhu, guru, pati--tuhu sarva-moy
bhakatvinoda kohe, suno kana!
radha-natha! tuhu hamara parana
1) Mind, body, and family, whatever may be mine, I have surrendered at Your lotus feet, O youthful son of Nanda!
2) In good fortune or in bad, in life or at death, all my difficulties have disappeared by choosing those feet of Yours as my only shelter.
3) Slay me or protect me as You wish, for You are the master of Your eternal servant.
4) If it is Your will that I be born again, then may it be in the home of Your devotee.
5) May I be born again even as a worm, so long as I may remain Your devotee. I have no desire to be born as a Brahma averse to You.
6) I yearn for the company of that devotee who is completely devoid of all desire for worldly enjoyment or liberation.
7) Father, mother, lover, son, Lord, preceptor, and husband; You are everything to me.
8) Thakura Bhaktivinoda says, "O Kana, please hear me! O Lord of Radha, You are my life and soul!"
Songs for the Honoring of Spiritual Food
(this first song should be sung before honoring the Lord's prasada)
bhai-re sarira abidya-jal,
jodendriya tahe kal,
jive phele visaya-sagore
ta'ra madhye jihwa ati, lobamoy sudurmati,
ta'ke jeta kathina samsare
krsna baro doyamoy, koribare jihwa jay,
swa-prasad-anna dilo bhai
sei anna-mrta pao,
preme dako caitanya-nitai
O Lord, this material body is a place of ignorance, and the senses are a network of paths to death. Somehow, we have fallen into this ocean of material sense enjoyment, and of all the senses the tongue is most voracious and uncontrollable; it is very difficult to conquer the tongue in this world. But You, dear Krsna, are very kind to us and have given us such nice prasada, just to control the tongue. Now we take this prasada to our full satisfaction and glorify You Lord-Radha and Krsna--and in love call for the help of Lord Caitanya and Nityananda.
Kabe Ha'be Bolo
kabe ha'be bolo se-dina amar
(amar) aparadha ghuci', suddha name ruci,
krpa-bale ha'be hrdoye sancar
trnadhika hina, kabe nije mani',
sahisnuta-guna hrdoyete ani'
sakale manada, apani amani,
ho'ye aswadibo nama-rasa-sar
dhana jana ara, kobita-sundari,
bolibo na cahi deho-sukha-kari
janme-janme dao, ohe gaurahari!
ahaituki bhakti carane tomar
(kabe) korite sri-krsna- nama uccarana,
pulakita deho gadgada bacana
baibarnya-bepathu ha'be sanghatana,
nirantara netre ba'be asru-dhar
kabe navadwipe, suradhuni-tate,
gaura-nityananda boli' niskapate
naciya gaiya, beraibo chute,
batulera praya chariya bicar
kabe nityananda, more kori'doya,
charaibe mora visayera maya
diya more nija- caranera chaya,
namera hatete dibe adhikar
kinibo, Lutibo, hari-nama-rasa,
nama-rase mati' hoibo bibasa
rasera rasika- carana parasa,
koriya mojibo rase anibar
Kabe jibe doya, hoibe udoya,
nija-sukha bhuli' sudina-hrdoya
bhakativinoda, koriya binoya,
sri-ajna-tahala koribe pracar
1) When, oh when will that day be mine? When my offenses ceasing, taste for the name increasing, when in my heart will your mercy shine, when, oh when will that day be mine
2) Lower than a blade of grass,more tolerant than a tree. When will my mind attain this quality? Respectful to all, not expecting their honor, then shall I taste the name's nectar sublime. When, oh when will that day be mine?
3) Great wealth or followers, feminine beauty, I won't care for them or the comforts of my body. Birth after birth give me, Oh Lord Caitanya, causeless devotion to Your feet divine, when, oh when will that day be mine?
4) When will I utter Krsna,Krsna, Krsna, with words choked up and shivering body? When will I be trembling all over, lose bodily color, tears pouring from my eyes, When, oh when will that day be mine?
5) When in Navadvipa along the Ganges bank, shouting 'Gaura-Nityananda' as a surrendered soul, dancing, chanting, running everywhere, when will I become half mad of mind? When, oh when will that day be mine?
6) When will Lord Nityananda show mercy upon me, when will I reject the world of Maya:' Bestow unto me the shade of Your lotus feet, let the right to preach the name be mine. When, oh when will that day be mine?
7) I will beg, borrow, or steal the nectar of the name. By the name's effect I will feel paralyzed. Oh! Enjoyed of the nectar of the name, When will I touch your lotus feet till the end of time? When, oh when will that day be mine?
8) When kindness to all beings will be appearing, with free heart forget myself comforting, Bhaktivinoda in all humility prays, "Now I will set out to preach Your order sublime." When, oh when will that day be mine?
(at Thakura Bhaktivinoda's home at Surabhi-kunja in Godruma)
bhaja bhakata-vatsala sri-gaurahari
sri-gaurahari sohi gostha-bihari,
bela-ho'lo, damodara, aisa ekhano
bhoga-mandire bosi' koraho bhojana
nandera nidese baise giri-bara-dhari
baladeva-saha sakha baise sari sari
sukta-sakadi bhaji nalita kusmanda
dali dalna dugdha-tumbi dadhi moca-khanda
mudga-bora masa-bora rotika ghrtanna
saskuli pistaka khir puli payasanna
karpura amrta--keli rambha khira-sara
amrta rasala, amla dwadasa prakara
luci cini sarpuri laddu rasabali
bhojana korena krsna ho'ye kutuhali
raidhikara pakka anna vividha byanjana
parama anande krsna korena bhojana
chale-bale laddu khay sri-madhumangala
bagala bhajay ara deya hari-bolo
radhikadi gane heri' nayanera kone
trpta ho'ye khay krsna jasoda-bhavane
bhojanante piye krsna subasita bari
sabe mukha prakhaloy ho'ye sari sari
hasta-mukha prakhaliya jata sakha-gane
anande bisraima kore baladeva-sane
jambula rasala ane tambula-masala
taha kheye krsna-candra sukhe nidra gela
bisalakha sikhi-puccha-camara dhulaya
apurba sayyaya krsna~ sukhe nidra jaya
jasomati-ajna pe'ye dhanistha-anito
sri-krsna-prasada radha bhunje ho'ye prito
lalitadi sakhi-gana avasesa paya
mane mane sukhe radha-krsna-guna gaya
hari-lila ek-matra jahara pramoda
bhogarati gay thakur bhakativinoda
1) Just worship Sri Gaurahari, who is always affectionate toward His devotees. He is the same Supreme Godhead, Krsna, who sported in the cowherd pastures of Vraja and stole the hearts of Nanda and Yasoda.
2) Mother Yasoda calls to Krsna, "My dear Damodara, it is very late. Please come right now, sit down in the dining hall, and take Your lunch."
3) On the direction of Nanda Maharaja, Krsna, the holder of Govardhana Hill, sits down, and then all the cowherd boys, along with Krsna's elder brother, Sri Baladeva, sit down in rows to take their lunch.
4) They are then served a feast of sukta and various kinds of green leafy vegetables, then nice fried things, and a salad made of the green leaves of the jute plant. They are also served pumpkin, baskets of fruit, small square cakes made of lentils and cooked down milk, then thick yogurt, squash cooked in milk, and vegetable preparations made from the tower of the banana tree.
5) Then they receive fried squares of mung dahl patties, and urad dahl patties, capatis, and rice with ghee. Next, sweets made with milk, sugar and sesamum, rice flour cakes; thick cooked-down milk; cakes floating in milk; and sweet rice.
6) There is also sweet rice that tastes just like nectar due to its being mixed with camphor. There are bananas, and cheese which is nectarean and delicious. They are also served twelve kinds of sour preparations made with tamarinds, limes, lemons, oranges, and pomegranates.
7) There are puns made with white flour and sugar; puns filled with cream; laddus; and dahl patties boiled in sugared rice. Krsna eagerly eats all of the food.
8) In great ecstasy and joy Krsna eats the rice, curried vegetables, sweets, and pastries cooked by Srimati Radharani.
9) Krsna's funny brahmana friend Madhumangala, who is very fond of Laddus, gets them by hook or by crook. Eating the laddus he shouts, "Haribol! Haribol!~' and makes a funny sound by swapping his sides under his armpits with his hands.
10) Beholding Radharani and Her gopifriends out of the courters of His eyes, Krsna eats at the house of mother Yasoda with great satisfaction.
11) After lunch, Krsna drinks rose-scented water. Then all of the boys, standing in lines, wash their mouths.
12) After all the cowherd boys wash their hands and mouths, in great bliss they take rest with Lord Balarama.
13) The two cowherd boys Jambula and Rasala then bring Krsna pan made with betel nuts, fancy spices, and catechu. After eating that pin, Sri Krsnacandra then happily goes to sleep.
14) While Krsna happily takes His rest on an excellent bedstead, His servant Visalaksa cools Him with a fan of peacock feathers.
15) At mother Yasoda's request the gopi Dhanistha brings remnants of food left on Krsna's plate to Srimati Radharani, who eats them with great delight
16) Lalita-devi and the other gopis then receive the remnants, and within their hearts they sing the glories of Radharani and Krsna with great joy.
17) Thakura Bhaktivinoda, whose one and only Joy is the pastimes of Lord Hari, sings this Bhoga-arati song.
(jaya) gopi-jana-vallabha (jaya) giri-vara-dhari
(jaya) jasoda-nandana, (jaye) braja-jana-ranjana,
Krsna is the lover of Radha. He displays many amorous pastimes in the groves of Vrndavana, He is the lover of the cowherd maidens of Vraja, the holder of the great hill named Govardhana, the beloved son of mother Yasoda, the delighter Of the inhabitants of Vraja, and He wanders in the forests along the banks of the River Yamuna.
'radha-krsna' bol bol bolo re sobai
(ei) sikha diya, sab nadiya
phirche nece' gaura-nitai
(miche) mayer bose, jaccho bhese',
khaccho habudubu, bhai
(jiv) krsna-das, e biswas,
korle to' ar duhkho nai
(krsna) bolbe jabe, pulak ha'be
jhorbe ankhi, boli tai
('radha) krsna'bolo, sange calo,
ei-matra bhikha cai
(jay) sakal bipod bhaktivinod
bole, jakhon o-nam gai
Chant, chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
1) When Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda came dancing through Nadia, they gave these teachings: Chant, chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
2) You are caught up in a whirlpool of senseless action and are sinking lower and lower. Chant, chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
3) If you just understand that the spirit soul is the eternal servant of Krsna, you will never have any more sorrows.
4) Chant Hare Krsna and your eyes will fill with tears and your body will feel transcendental shivering. Chant, chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
5) Simply chant "Radha-Krsna" and join with us. Those are the only alms we beg. Chant, chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
6) "All dangers will be gone when that Name is chanted," says Bhaktivinoda Thakura. Chant chant "Radha-Krsna!" Everyone chant!
jatane palana kori
krsna-basati, basati boli',
parama adare bori
gaur amara, je-saba sthane,
koralo bhramana range
se-saba sthana, heribo ami,
mrdanga-badya, sunite mana
abasara sada jace
gaura-bihita, kirtana suni',
anande hrdoya nace
jugala-murti, dekhiya mora,
prasada-seba korite hoya,
sakala prapanca jaya
je-dina grhe, bhajana dekhi,
grhete goloka bha-ya
carana-sidhu, dekhiya ganga,
sukha sa sima paya
tulasi dekhi', juraya prana,
jivana sarthaka mani
anukula paya jaha
swikara koroye taha
1) The dust of the lotus feet of pure devotees, enthusiastic devotional service, and service to the pure devotees of the highest order are the roots of the creeper of devotion.
2) The holy days like Ekadasi and Janmastami are the mother of devotion for those devotees who respect them. Let the holy places of Krsna's pastimes be my places of worship, and bless me.
3) May I always visit all the holy places associated with the Lila of Lord Caitanya and His devotees.
4) When I hear the sound of the Mrdanga in my heart I always desire to join in kirtana; and when I hear the bonafide songs describing Lord Caitanya's pastimes, my heart dances in ecstasy.
5) Whenever I see thy transcendental sri-vigrahas of Radha-Krsna I am in bliss, for by taking Their Lordships' prasada we can conquer over the material elements.
6) One day while performing devotional practices, I saw my house transformed into Goloka Vrndavana. When I take the caranamrta of the Deity, I see the holy Ganges waters that come from the feet of Lord Vishnu, and my bliss knows no bounds.
7) By seeing the tulasi tree my heart feels joy and Lord Madhava (Krsna) is also satisfied. When I eat the prasada favored by Lord Caitanya it is a new life's experience. (Lord Caitanya was very fond of a green vegetable preparation called Sak, and there is another song in this book that tells of the amazing effects of this type of prasada.
8) Bhaktivinoda concludes by saying: "Whosoever attains the stage of enthusiasm for these devotional practices will be supremely blissful wherever he may be."
jaya jaya goracander aratiko sobha
dakhine nitaicand, bame, gadadhara
nikate adwaita, srinivasa chatra-dhara
bosiyache goracand ratna-simhasane
arati koren brahma-adi deva-gane
narahari-adi kori' camara dhulaya
sankha baje ghanta baje baje karatala
madhura mrdanga baje parama rasala
sankha baja ghanta baje
madhur madhur madhur baje
bahu-koti candra jini vadana ujjvala
gala-dese bana-mala kore jhalamala
siva-suka-narada preme gada-gada
bhakativinoda dekhe gorara sampada
(1) All glories, all glories to the beautiful arati ceremony of Lord Caitanya. This Gaura-arati is taking place in a grove on the banks of the Jahnavi (Ganges) and is attracting the minds of all living entities in the universe.
(2) On Lord Caitanya's right side is Lord Nityananda and on His left is Sri Gadadhara. Nearby stands Sri Advaita, and Srivasa Thakura is holding an umbrella over Lord Caitanya's head.
(3) Lord Caitanya has sat down on a jeweled throne, and the demigods, headed by Lord Brahms, perform the arati ceremony
(4) Narahari Sarakara and other associates of Lord Caitanya fan Him with camaras, and devotees headed by Sanjaya Pandita, Mukunda Datta, and Vasu Ghosa sing sweet kirtana.
(5) Conchshells, bells, and karatalas resound, and the mrdangas play very sweetly. This kirtana music is supremely sweet and relish able to hear.
(6) The brilliance of Lord Caitanya's face conquers millions upon millions of moons, and the garland of forest flowers around His neck shines.
(7) Lord Siva, Sukadeva Gosvami, and Narada Muni are all there, and their voices are choked with the ecstasy of transcendental love. Thus Thakura Bhaktivinoda envisions the glory of Lord Sri Caitanya.
Chanting of the Holy Names
amala harinam amiya-vilasa
vipina-purandara, navina nagara-bora,
govinda madhava, navanita-taskara,
(1) Lord Krsna is the beloved son of mother Yasoda; the transcendental lover in the land of Vraja; the delight of Gokula; Kana (a nickname of Krsna), the wealth of the lives of the gopis. He steals the mind of even Cupid and punishes the Kaliya serpent.
(2) These pure, holy names of Lord Hari are full of sweet, nectarean pastimes. Krsna is the Lord of the twelve forests of Vraja, He is ever-youthful and is the best of lovers. He is always playing on a flute, and He is an excellent dresser.
(3) Krsna is the protector of the inhabitants of Vraja; the destroyer of various demoniac dynasties, the keeper and tender of Nanda Maharaja's cows; the giver of pleasure to the cows, land, and spiritual senses, the husband of the goddess of fortune; the butter thief, and the beautiful cowherd boy of Nanda Maharaja.
(4) Krsna wanders along the banks of the River Yamuna. He stole the garments of the young damsels of Vraja who were bathing there. He delights in the mellows of the Rasa dance; He is very merciful,the lover and beloved of Srimati Radharani; the great dancer of Vrndavana, and the shelter and only refuge of Thakura Bhaktivinoda.
Ohe! Vaisnava Thakura
ohe! vaisnaba thakura, doyara sagara,
e dase koruna kori'
diya pada-chaya, sodho he amaya,
tomara carana dhori
chaya bega domi, chaya dosa sodhi
chaya guna deho' dase
chaya sat-sanga, deho' he amare,
boshechi sangera ase
ekaki amara, nahi paya bala,
tumi krpa kori: sraddha-bindu diya,
krsna se tomara, krsna dite paro,
tomara sakati ache
ami to' kangala, 'krsna 'krsna 'boli',
dhai tava pache pache
1) O venerable Vaisnava. O ocean of mercy, be merciful unto your servant. Give me the shade of your lotus feet and purify me. I hold on to your lotus feet.
2) Teach me to control my six passions; rectify my six faults, bestow upon me the six qualities, and offer unto me the six kinds of holy association.*
3) I do not find the strength to carry on alone the sankirtana of the holy name of Hari. Please bless me by giving me just one drop of faith with which to obtain the great treasure of the holy name of Krsna.
4) Krsna is yours; you have the power to give Him to me. I am simply running behind you shouting, "Krsna! Krsna!"
* The six passions are those pertaining to words, the mind, anger, the tongue, the stomach and the genitals. The six faults are overeating, attachment to material things, inability to follow regulative principles, sense gratification, useless idle talk, and impure habits. The six positive qualities are enthusiasm in practicing devotional service, firm faith in devotional processes, a strong desire to attain prema-bhakti, a favorable service attitude, avoidance of non-devotees, and appreciation of the company of devotees. The six methods of association are to go to an assembly of devotees, to invite devotees into one's home, to discuss and hear devotional topics, to take the maha-prasada of devotees and to offer maha-prasada to devotees.
vibhavari sesa, aloka-pravesa,
nidra chari' utho jiva
bolo hari hari, mukunda murari,
rama krsna hayagriva
nrsimha vamana, sri-madhusudana,
yasoda dulala, govinda-gopala,
brajera rakhala, gopa-vrnda-pala,
navina nirada, rupa manohara,
nama-sudha-rasa, gao krsna-jasa
rakho vacana mana mora
(1) The night has come to an end and the light of dawn is entering O jiva soul, arise and give up your sleep. Chant the holy names of Lord Hari, who is the giver of liberation; the enemy of the Mura demon; the supreme enjoyer; the all-attractive one, and the horse-headed incarnation, Hayagriva.
(2) Lord Hari (Krsna) incarnated as the half-man, half-lion, Nrsimha. He appeared as a dwarf-brahmana named Upendra and is the killer of the Madhu demon, He is the beloved son of the King of Vraja, Nanda Maharaja, and is blackish in complexion. He is the slayer of the Putana witch and the destoyer of the demon Kaitabha. All glories to Lord Hari,0 who appeared as Lord Rama, the son of King Dasaratha.
(3) He is the darling of mother Yasoda; the giver of pleasure to the cows, land, and spiritual senses; and the protector of the cows. He is the Lord of the Vrndavana forest; the gopis' beloved; the lover of Radhika; and the most beautiful personality in all the worlds.
(4) As Ramacandra He brought about the end of the demoniac King Ravana; as Krsna He stole the older gopis' butter; He stole the younger gopis'clothes while they were bathing in the Yamuna. He is a cowherd boy of Vraja and the protector of the cowherd boys. He steals the hearts of all and always holds a flute.
(5) Lord Krsna is worshiped by the best of yogis and is the son of Nanda. He removes all the fears of the inhabitants of Vraja. He is the color of a fresh rain cloud, and His form is enchanting. When He wanders about, playing His flute, He looks very charming.
(6) He is the son of Yasoda and the killer of King Kamsa, and He sports in the rasa dance among the groves of Vraja. Krsna engages in this rasa dance underneath the kadamba trees, and He resides in the forest of Vrndavana.
(7) He increases the ecstasy of His devotees. He is the reservoir of all love and is the transcendental Cupid who uses His flowered arrows to increase the loving desires of the gopis. He is the pleasure of the gopis' hearts and the abode of all wonderful qualities.
(8) Lord Krsna is the life of the River Yamuna. He is always absorbed in amorous pastimes, and He is the moon of the gopis' minds, which are like the cakora birds that subsist only upon moonlight. O mind, obey these words of mine and sing the glories of Sri Krsna in the form of these holy names, which are full of nectarean mellows.
Songs and Mantras by Srila Rupa Gosvam
by Srila Rupa Gosvami
karunam kuru mayi karuna-bharite
O Radha! O beloved of Madhava! O You who are worshiped by all the young girls of Gokula! All glories unto You! All glories unto You!
(1-3) 0 You who dress Yourself in such a way as to increase Lord Damodara's love and attachment for You! O queen of Vrndavana, which is the pleasure grove of Lord Hari! O new moon who has arisen from the ocean of King Vrsabhanu! 0 friend of Lalita! O You who make Visakha loyal to You due to Your wonderful qualities of friendliness, kindness, and faithfulness to Krsna! O You who are filled with compassion! O You whose divine characteristics are described by the great sages Sanaka and Sanatana! O Radha, please be merciful to me!
by Jayadeva Gosvami
pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam
kesava dhrta-mina-sarira jaya jagadisa hare
ksitir iha vipulatare tisthati tava prste
kesava dhrta-kurma-sarira jaya jagadisa hare
vasati dasana-sikhare dharani tava lagna
sasini kalanka-kaleva nimagna
kesava dhrta-sukara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
tava kara-kamala-vare nakham adbhuta-srngam
kesava dhrta-narahari-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
chalayasi vikramane balim adbhuta-vamana
kesava dhrta-vamana-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
snapayasi payasi samita-bhava-tapam
kesava dhrta-bhrgupati-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
vitarasi diksu rane dik-pati-kamaniyam
kesava dhrta-rama-sarira jaya jagadisa hare
vahasi vapusi visade vasanam jaladabham
kesava dhrta-haladhara-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
nindasi yajna-vidher ahaha sruti-jatam
kesava dhrta-buddha-sarira jaya jagadisa hare
mleccha-nivaha-nidhane kalayasi karavalam
dhumaketum iva kim api karalam
kesava dhrta-kalki-sarira jaya jagadisa hare
sri-jayadeva-kaver idam uditam udaram
srnu sukha-dam subha-dam bhava-saram
kesava dhrta-dasa-vidha-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
vedan uddharate jaganti vahate bhu-golam udbibhrate
daityam darayate balim chalayate ksatra-ksayam kurvate
paulastyam jayate halam kalayate karunyam atanvate
mlecchan murchayate dasakrti-krte krsnaya tubhyam namah
(1) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a fish! All glories to You! You easily acted as a boat in the form of a giant fish just to give protection to the Vedas, which had become immersed in the turbulent sea of devastation.
(2) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a tortoise! All glories to You! In this incarnation as a divine tortoise the great Mandara Mountain rests upon Your gigantic back as a pivot for churning the ocean of milk. From holding up the huge mountain a large scar like depression is put in Your back, which has become most glorious.
(3) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a boar! All glories to You! The earth, which had become I,merged in the Garbhodaka Ocean at the bottom of the universe, sits fixed upon the tip of Your tusk like a spot upon the moon.
(4) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of half-man, half-lion. All glories to You! lust as one can easily crush a wasp between one's fingernails, so in the same way the body of the wasp like demon Hiranyakasipu has been ripped apart by the wonderful pointed nails on Your beautiful lotus hands.
(5) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of a dwarf-brahmana! All glories to You! O wonderful dwarf, by Your massive steps You deceive King Bali, and by the Ganges water that has emanated from the nails of your lotus feet, You deliver all living beings within this world.
(6) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Bhrgupati [Parasurama] ! All glories to You! At Kuruksetra You bathe the earth in the rivers of blood from the bodies of I he demoniac ksatriyas that You have slain. The sins of the world are washed away by You, and because of You people are relieved room the blazing fire of material existence.
(7) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who haze assumed the form of Ramacandra! All glories to You! In the battle of Lanka You destroy the ten-headed demon Ravana and distribute his heads as a delightful offering to the presiding deities of the ten directions, headed by Indira. This action was long desired by all of them, who were much harassed by this monster.
(8) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Balarama, the yielder of the prowl All glories to You! On Your brilliant white body You wear garments the color of a fresh blue rain cloud. These garments are colored like the beautiful dark hue of the River Yamuna, who feels great fear due to the striking of Your plowshare.
(9) O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Buddha! All glories to You! O Buddha of compassionate heart, you decry the slaughtering of poor animals performed according to the rules of Vedic sacrifice
(10) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of Kalki! All glories to You! You appear like a comet and carry a terrifying sword for bringing about the annihilation of the wicked barbarian men at the end of the Kali-yuga.
(11) 0 Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed these ten different forms of incarnation! All glories to You! O readers, please hear this hymn of the poet Jayadeva, which is most excellent, an awarder of happiness, a bestower of auspiciousness, and is the best thing in this dark world.
(12) O Lord Krsna, I offer my obeisances unto You, who appear in the forms of these ten incarnations. In the form of Matsya You rescue the Vedas, and as Karma You bear the Mandara Mountain on Your back. As Varaha You lift the earth with Your tusk, and in the form of Narasimha You tear open the chest of the daitya Hiranyakasipu. In the form of Vamana You trick the daitya king Bali by asking him for only three steps of land, and then You take away the whole universe from him by expanding Your steps. As Parasurama You slay all of the wicked ksatriyas, and as Ramacandra You conquer the raksasa king Ravana. In the form of Balarama You carry a plow with which You subdue the wicked and draw toward You the River Yamuna. As Lord Buddha You show compassion toward all the living beings suffering in this world and a the end of the Kali-yuga You appear as Kalki to bewilder the mlecchas [degraded low-class men].
by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada
krsna hoite catur-mukha, hoy krsna-sevonmukha,
brahma hoite naradera mati
narada hoite vyasa, madhwa kohe vyasa-dasa,
purnaprajna padmanabhia gati
nrhari madhava-bamse, aksobhya paramahamse,
sisya boli' angikara kore
aksobhyera sisya jaya- tirtha name paricaya,
tara dasye jnanasindhu tore
taha hoite dayanidhi, tara dasa vidyanidhi,
rajendra hoilo taha ha'te
tahara kinkora jaya- dharma name paricaya,
parampara jano bhalo mate
jayadharma-dasye khyati, sri purusottama-jati,
ta ha'te brahmanya-tirtha suri
vyasatirtha tara dasa, laksmipati vyasa-dasa,
taha ha'te madhavendra puri
madhavendra puri-bara, sisya-bara sri-iswara,
nityananda, sri-adwaita vibhu
iswara-purike dhanya, korilen sri-caitanya,
jagad-guru gaura mahaprabhu
mahaprabhu sri-caitanya, radha-krsna nahe anya,
rupanuga janera jivana
viswambhara priyankara, sri-swarupa damodara,
rupa-priya mahajana, java, raghunathu hana,
tara priya kavi krsnadasa
krsnadasa-priya-bara, narottama seva-para,
jara pada viswanatha-asa
viswanatha-bhakta-satha, baladeva jagannatha,
tara priya sri-bhaktivinoda
hari-bhajanete ja'ra moda
ihara paramahamsa, gaurangera nija-bamsa,
tadera carane mama gati
ami seba-udasina, namete tridandi dina,
(1) In the beginning of creation the science of devotional service was received by the four-headed Brahma from the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna. Devarsi Narada's understanding of this divine science was obtained from Brahma. The great sage Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa, who was empowered to compile the Vedic literatures, be- came a disciple of Devarsi Narada. Sripada Madhvacarya, the founder of the suddha-dvaita school of Vedanta philosophy, who visited Vyasadeva at Badarikasrama in the thirteenth century to learn from him Vedanta philosophy, calls himself a servant of Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa. Purnaprajna Tirtha [Madhva] is the guru and sole refuge of Padmanabha Tirtha.
(2) The two other principal disciples of Madhva are Nrhari Tirtha and Madhava Tirtha. Madhava Tirtha accepted the great paramhamsa Aksobhya Tirtha as a disciple. The principal disciple of Aksobhya Tirtha was known as Jayatirtha. Jayatirtha's service was for his disciple Jnanasindhu.
(3) Dayanidhi received the science of devotional service from Jnanasindhu, and the servant of Dayanidhi was Vidyanidhi [Vidyadhiraja Tirtha]. Rajendra Tirtha became a disciple of Vidyadhiraja Tirtha. Rajendra Tirtha's servant was known as Jayadharma or Vijayadhvaja Tirtha. In this way you should properly understand this disciplic succession.
(4) The great sannyasi Sri Purusottama Tirtha received his knowledge in the service of his guru, Vijayadhvaja Tirtha [Jayadharma]. The principal disciple of Purusottama Tirtha was Subrahmanya Tirtha. His servant was the great Vyasatirtha [Vyasa Raya]. Vyasatirtha's servant was Laksmipati Tirtha, whose disciple was Madhavendra Puri Gosvami.
(5) The chief disciple of Madhavendra Puri was Isvara Puri, and two of his other disciples were the renowned incarnations of Godhead Sri Nityananda and Advaita Acarya. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the spiritual preceptor of all the worlds made Isvari Puri greatly fortunate by accepting him as His spiritual master.
(6) Mahaprabhu Sri Caitanya is non different from Sri Sri Radha and Krsna and is the very life of those Vaisnavas who follow Sri Rupa Gosvami. Sri Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Rupa Gosvami, and Sanatana Gosvami were the givers of great happiness to Visvambhara [Sri Caitanya].
(7) The great souls Jiva Gosvami and Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami became very dear to Rupa Gosvami. Jiva Gosvami was a disciple of Rupa Gosvami, and Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami, a disciple of Advaita Acarya's disciple Yadunandana Acarya, was accepted by Rupa and Sanatana as their third brother. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami's beloved student was Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami. Krsnadasa Kaviraja was an intimate friend of Lokanatha Gosvami. They lived together in Vrndavana and always discussed the topics of Krsna with one another. Lokanatha Gosvami, a disciple of Gadadhara Pandita, had only one disciple, whose name was Narottama Dasa. Narottama Dasa was always engaged in the service of his guru, and he also engaged himself in the service of his guru's intimate friend. Thus he became very dear to Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami. To serve I the feet of Narottama Dasa Thakura was the only desire of Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura, who was the fourth acarya in disciplic succession from Narottama Dasa.
(8) Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura was the siksa-guru [instructing spiritual master] of Baladeva Vidyabhusana, to whom he taught the precepts of Srimad-Bhagavatam. Jagannatha Dasa Babaji was a very prominent acarya after Sri Baladeva Vidyabhusana and was the beloved siksa-guru of Sri Bhaktivinoda Thakura. Bhaktivinoda Thakura's intimate friend and associate was the eminent maha-bhagavata Sri Gaurakisora Dasa Babaji, whose sole joy was found in hari-bhajana.
(9) These treat saintly Vaisnavas are all paramahamsas, or devotees of the highest order, and they are all part of Lord Gauranga's own spiritual family. Their holy feet are my refuge. I have no real interest in devotional services and I am a poor and lowly tridandi sannyasi named Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati.
*Because this song has been composed by Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura, he has placed his name at the end of the song, as is customarily done by Vaisnava poets. In order to glorify Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura and his beloved disciple Sri A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada as spiritual teachers in the preceptorial succession from Sri Caitanyadeva, the following verse has been added and may be optionally sung instead of the song's ninth verse.
sri-varsabhanavi-bara, sada sevya-seva-para, tahara dayita-dasa-nama tara pradhan pracarako, sri-bhaktivedanta namo, patita-janete doya-dhama
The renowned Sri Varsabhanavi-dayita Dasa [the initiated name of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati] is always engaged in the service of his spiritual master, Srila Gaurakisora Dasa Babaji. His foremost disciple-preacher is Sri A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, who has spread the message of Lord Caitanya throughout the world and is thus a reservoir of mercy and compassion for all fallen souls.
Sri Sri Gaura-Nityanander Daya
The Mercy of Sri Gaura and Nityananda
by Locana dasa Thakura
parama koruna, pahu dui jana,
saba avatara- sara siromani,
bhajo bhajo bhai, caitanya nitai,
sudrdha biswasa kori'
visaya chariya, se rase majiya,
mukhe bolo hari hari
dekho ore bhai, tri-bhuvane nai,
emona doyala data
pasu pakhi jhure, pasana vidare,
samsare majiya, rohili poriya,
se pade nahilo asa
apana karama, bhunjaye samana,
Bhajahu Re Mana Sri Nanda-nandana
by Govinda Dasa Kaviraja
bajahu re mana sri-nanda-nandana-
durlabha manava janama sat-sange
taroho e bhava-sindhu re
sita atapa bata barisana
e dina jamini jagi re
biphale sevinu krpana durajana
capala sukha-laba lagi' re
e dhana, yaubana, putra, parijana
ithe ki ache paratiti re
kamala-dala jala, jivana talamala
bhajahu hari-pada niti re
sravana, kirtana, smarana, vandana,
pada-sevana, dasya re
pujana, sakhi-jana, atma-nivedana
(1) O mind just worship the lotus feet of the son of Nanda, which make one fearless. Having obtained this rare human birth, cross over this ocean of worldly existence through the association of saintly persons.
(2) Both in the day and at night I remain sleepless, suffering the pains of the heat and cold, the wind and the rain. For a fraction of flickering happiness I have uselessly served wicked and miserly men.
(3) What assurance of real happiness is there in all of one's wealth, youthfulness, sons, and family members? This life is tottering like a drop of water on a lotus petal; therefore you should always serve and worship the divine feet of Lord Hari.
(4) It is the desire and great longing of Govinda Dasa to engage himself in the nine processes of bhakti, namely hearing the glories of Lord Hari and chanting those glories, constantly remembering Him and offering prayers to Him, serving the Lord's lotus feet, serving the Supreme Lord as a servant, worshiping Him with vowers and incense and so forth, serving Him as a friend, and completely offering the Lord one's very self.
(found in the Padma Purana of Krsna Dvaipayana Vyasa, spoken by Satyavrata Muni in a conversation with Narada Muni and Saunaka Rsi)
"In the month of Kartika one should worship Lord Damodara and daily recite the prayer known as Damodarastaka, which has been spoken by the sage Satyavrata and which attracts Lord Damodara. (Sri Hari-bhakti-vilasa 2.16.198)
lasat-kundalam gokule bhrajamanam
paramrstam atyantato drutya gopya
rudantam muhur netra-yugmam mrjantam
sthita-graivam damodararm bhakti-baddham
itidrk sva-lilabhir ananda-kunde
sva-ghosam nimajjantam akkyapayantam
tadiyesita-jnesu bhaktair jitatvam
punah prematas tam satavrtti vande
varam deva moksam na moksavadhim va
na canyam vrne 'ham varesad apiha
idam te vapur natha gopala-balam
sada me manasy avirastam kim anyaih
idam te mukhambhojam atyanta-nilair
vrtam kuntalaih snigdha-raktais' ca gopya
muhus cumbitam bimba-raktadharam me
manasy avirastam alam laksa-labhaih
namo deva damodarananta visno
prasida prabho duhkha jalabdhi-magnam
grhanesa mam ajnam edhy aksi-drsyah
kuveratmajau baddha-murtyaiva yadvat
tvaya mocitau bhakti-bhajau krtau ca
tatha prema-bhaktim svakam me prayaccha
na mokse graho me 'sti damodareha
names te 'stu damne sphurad-dipti-dhamne
tvadiyodarayatha visvasya dhamne
namo radhikayai tvadiya-priyayai
namo 'nanta-lilaya devaya tubhyam
(1) To the Supreme Lord, whose form is the embodiment of eternal existence, knowledge, and bliss, whose shark-shaped earrings are swinging to and fro, who is beautifully shining in the divine realm of Gokula, who I (due to the offense of breaking the pot of yogurt that His mother was churning into butter and then stealing the butter that was kept hanging from a swing) is quickly running from the wooden grinding mortar in fear of mother Yasoda, but who has been caught from behind by her who ran after Him with greater speed--to that Supreme Lord, Sri Damodara, I offer my humble obeisances.
(2) (Seeing the whipping stick in His mother's hand,) He is crying and rubbing His eyes again and again with His two lotus hands. His eyes are filled with fear, and the necklace of pearls around His neck, which is marked with three lines like a conch shell, is shaking because of His quick breathing due to crying. To this Supreme Lord, Sri Damodara, whose belly is bound not with ropes but with His mother's pure love, I offer my humble obeisances.
(3) By such childhood pastimes as this He is drowning the inhabitants of Gokula in pools of ecstasy, and is revealing to those devotees who are absorbed in knowledge of His supreme majesty and opulence that He is only conquered by devotees whose pure love is imbues with intimacy and is free from all conceptions of awe and reverence. With great love I again offer my obeisances to Lord Damodara hundreds and hundreds of times.
(4) 0 Lord, although You are able to give all kinds of benedictions, I do not pray to You for the boon of impersonal liberation, nor the highest liberation of eternal life in Vaikuntha, nor any other boon (which may be obtained by executing the nine processes of bhakti). O Lord, I simply wish that this form of Yours as Bala Gopala in Vrndavana may ever be manifest in my heart, for what is the use to me of any other boon besides this?
(5) O Lord, Your lotus face, which is encircled by locks of soft black hair tinged with red, is kissed again and again by mother Yasoda, and Your lips are reddish like the bimba fruit. May this beautiful vision of Your lotus face be ever manifest in my heart. Thousands and thousands of other benedictions are of no use to me.
(6) O Supreme Godhead, I offer my obeisances unto You. O Damodara! O Ananta! O Vishnu! O master! O my Lord, be pleased upon me. By showering Your glance of mercy upon me, deliver this poor ignorant fool who is immersed in an ocean of worldly sorrows, and become visible to my eyes.
(7) 0 Lord Damodara, just as the two sons of Kuvera--Manigriva and Nalakuvara--were delivered from the curse of Narada and made into great devotees by You in Your form as a baby tied with rope to a wooden grinding mortar, in the same way, please give to me Your own prema-bhakti. I only long for this and have no desire for any kind of liberation.
(8) 0 Lord Damodara, I first of all offer my obeisances to the brilliantly effulgent rope which binds Your belly. I then offer my obeisances to Your belly, which is the abode of the entire universe. I humbly bow down to Your most beloved Srimati Radharani, and I offer all obeisances to You, the Supreme Lord, who displays unlimited pastimes.
The Nectarean Glories of Vraja-dhama
jaya radhe, jaya krsna, jaya vrndavan
sri-govinda, gopinatha, madana-mohan
syama-kunda, radha-kunda, giri-govardhan
kalindi jamuna jaya, jaya mahavan
kesi-ghata, bamsi-bata, dwadasa-kanan
jaha saba lila koilo sri-nanda-nandan
sri-nanda-jasoda jaya, jaya gopa-gan
sridamadi jaya, jaya dhenu-vatsa-gan
jaya brsabhanu, jaya kirtida sundari
jaya paurnamasi, jaya abhira-nagari
jaya jaya gopiswara vrndavana-majh
jaya jaya krsna-sakha batu dwija-raj
jaya rama-ghata, jaya rohini-nandan
jaya jaya vrndavana-basi jata jan
jaya dwija-patni, jaya naga-kanya-gan
bhaktite jahara pailo govinda-caran
sri-rasa-mandala jaya, jaya radha-syam
jaya jaya rasa-lila sarva-manoram
jaya jayojjwala-rasa sarva-rasa-sar
parakiya-bhave jaha brajete pracar
sri-jahnava-pada-padma koriya smaran
dina krsna-dasa kohe nama-sankirtan
(1) All glories to Radha and Krsna and the divine forest of Vrndavana. All glories to the three presiding Deities of Vrndavana--Sri Govinda, Gopinatha, and Madana-mohana.
(2) All glories to Syama-kunda, Radha-kunda, Govardhana Hill, and the Yamuna River (Kalindi). All glories to the great forest known as Mahavana, where Krsna and Balarama displayed all of Their childhood pastimes.
(3) All glories to Kesi-ghata, where Krsna killed the Kesi demon. All glories to the Vamsi-vata tree, where Krsna attracted all the gopis to come by playing His flute. Glories to all of the twelve forests of Vraja. At these places the son of Nanda, Sri Krsna, performed all of His pastimes.
(4) All glories to Krsna's divine father and mother Nanda and Yasoda. All glories to the cowherd boys, headed by Sridama, the older brother of Srimati Radharani and Ananga Manjari. All glories to the cows and calves of Vraja.
(5) All glories to Radha's divine father and mother, Vrsabhanu and the beautiful Kirtida. All glories to Paurnamasi, the mother of Sandipani Muni, grandmother of Madhumangala and Nandimukhi, and beloved disciple of Devarsi Narada. All glories lo the young cowherd maidens of Vraja.
(6) All glories, all glories to Gopisvara Siva, who resides in Vrndavana in order to protect the holy dhama. All glories, all glories to Krsna's funny Brahmana friend, Madhumangala.
(7) All glories to Rama-ghata, where Lord Balarama performed His rasa dance. All glories to Lord Balarama, the son of Rohini. All glories, all glories to all of the residents of Vrndavana.
(8) All glories to the wives of the proud Vedic brahmanas. All glories to the wives of the Kaliya serpent. Through pure devotion they all obtained the lotus feet of Lord Govinda.
(9) All glories to the place where the rasa dance of Sri Krsna was performed. All glories to Radha and Syama. All glories, all glories to the divine rasa dance, which is the most beautiful of all Lord Krsna's pastimes.
(10) All glories, all glories to the mellow of conjugal love, which is the most excellent of all rasas and is propagated in Vraja by Sri Krsna in the form of the divine parakiya-bhava [paramour love].
(11) Remembering the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda's consort Sri Jahnava Devi, this very fallen and lowly servant of Krsna sings the sankirtana of the holy name.
Jaya Radha-Krsna Giti
jaya radha-madhava radha-madhava radhe
(jayadever prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-madana-gopal radha-madana-gopal radhe
(sita-nather prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-govinda radha-govinda radhe
(rupa goswamir prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-madana-mohan radha-modana-mohan radhe
(sanataner prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-gopinatha radha-gopinatha radhe
(madhu panditer prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-damodara radha-damodara radhe
(jiv goswamir prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-ramana radha-ramana radhe
(gopal bhatter prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-vinoda radha-vinoda radhe
(lokanather prana-dhana he)
9 jaya radha-gokulananda radha-gokulananda radhe
(viswanather prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-giridhari radha-giridhari radhe
(das goswamir prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-syamasundar radha-syamasundar radhe
(syamanander prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-banka-bihari radha-banka-bihari radhe
(haridaser prana-dhana he)
jaya radha-kanta radha-kanta radhe
(vakreswarer prana-dhana he)
jaya gandharvika-giridhari gandharvika-giridhari radhe
(saraswatir prana-dhana he)
(1) All glories to Radha and Madhava, the treasure of Jayadeva Gosvami's heart!
(2) All glories to Radha and Madana-gopala, the treasure of Sri Advaita Acarya's heart!
(3) All glories to Radha and Govinda, the treasure of Rupa Gosvami's heart! F
(4) All glories to Radha and Madana-mohana, the treasure of Sanatana Gosvami's heart!
(5) All glories to Radha and Gopinatha, the treasure of Madhu Pandita's heart!
(6) All glories to Radha and Damodara, the treasure of Jiva Gosvami's heart!
(7) All glories to Radha-ramana, the treasure of Gopala Bhatta Gosvami's heart!
(8) All glories to Radha-vinoda, the treassure of Lokanatha Gosvami' s heart!
(9) All glories to Radha and Gokulananda, the treasure of Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura's heart!
(10) All glories to Radha and Giridhari, the treasure of Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami's heart!
(11) All glories to Radha and Syamasundara, the treasure of Syamananda Gosvami's heart!
(12) All glories to Radha and Banka-vihari, the treasure of Haridasa Svami's heart!
(13) All glories to Radha-kanta, the treasure of Vakresvara Pandita's heart!
(14) All glories to Gandharvika and Giridhari, the treasure of Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura's heart!
by Candrasekhara Kavi
namo namah tulasi maharani,
vrnde maharani namo namah
namo re namo re meiya namo narayani
jako darase, parase agha-nasa-i
mahima beda-purane bakhani
jako patra, manjari komala
dhanya tulasi meiya, purana tapa kiye,
dhupa, dipa, naivedya, arati,
phulana kiye varakha varakhani
chapanna bhoga, chatrisa byanjana,
bina tulasi prabhu eka nahi mani
siva-suka-narada, aura brahmadiko,
dhurata phirata maha-muni jnani
candrasekhara meiya, tera jasa gaowe
bhakati-dane dijiye maharani
(1) O Tulasi Maharani! O Vrnda! O mother of devotion! O Narayani, I offer my obeisances to you again and again.
(2) By seeing you or even by touching you, all sins are destroyed. Your glories are described in the Vedas and Puranas.
(3) Your leaves and soft manjaris are entwined at the lotus feet of Narayana, the Lord of Laksmi. O blessed mother Tulasi, you performed successful austerities and have thus become the chief consort and queen of Sri sgalagrama-sila.
(4) You engladden and shower your rain of mercy upon one who offers you some incense, a ghee lamp, naivedya, and arati. The Lord does not care for even one of fifty-six varieties of cooked food or thirty-six different curries offered without tulasi leaves.
(5) Lord Siva, Sukadeva Gosvami, Devarsi Narada, and all the jnanis and great munis, headed by Lord Brahma, are circumambulating you. O mother! O Maharani, Candrasekhara thus sings your glories. Please bestow upon him the gift of pure devotion.
namo namah tulasi! krsna-preyasi
radha-krsna-seva pabo ei abhilasi
je tomara sarana loy, tara vancha purna hoy
krpa kori' koro tare brndavana-basi
mor ei abhilas, bilas kunje dio vas
nayane heribo sada jugala-rupa-rasi
ei nivedana dharo, sakhir anugata koro
seva-adhikara diye koro nija dasi
dina krsna-dase koy, ei jena mora hoy
sri-radha-govinda-preme sada jena bhasi
(1) O Tulasi, beloved of Krsna, I bow before you again and again. My desire is to obtain the service of Sri Sri Radha-Krsna.
(2) Whoever takes shelter of you has his wishes fulfilled. Bestowing your mercy on him, you make him a resident of Vrndavana.
(3) My desire is that you will also grant me a residence in the pleasure groves of Sri Vrndavana-dhama. Thus, within my vision I will always behold the beautiful pastimes of Radha and Krsna.
(4) I beg you to make me a follower of the cowherd damsels of Vraja. Please give me the privilege of devotional service and make me your own maidservant.
(5) This very fallen and lowly servant of Krsna prays, ''May I always swim in the love of Sri Radha and Govinda.
Sri Tulasi Pranama
priyayai kesavasya ca
satyavatyai namo namah
I offer my repeated obeisances unto Vrnda, Srimati Tulasi Devi, who is very dear to Lord Kesava. O goddess, you bestow devotional service to Lord Krsna and possess the highest truth.
Sri Tulasi Pradaksina Mantra
tani tani pranasyanti
pradaksinah pade pade
By the circumambulation of Srimati Tulasi Devi all the sins that one may have committed are destroyed at every step, even the sin of killing a brahmana.
Sri Nrsimha Pranama
I offer my obeisances to Lord Narasimha, who gives joy to Prahlada Maharaja and whose nails are like chisels on the stonelike chest of the demon Hiranyakasipu.
ito nrsimhah parato nrsimho
yato yato yami tato nrsimhah
bahir nrsimho hrdaye nrsimho
nrsimham adim saranam prapadye
Lord Nrsimha is here and also there. Wherever I go Lord Nrsimha is there. He is in the heart and is outside as well. I surrender to Lord Nrsimha, the origin of all things and the supreme refuge.
Prayer to Lord Nrsimha
(from Sri Dasavatara-stotra, p. 97)
kesava dhrta-narahari-rupa jaya jagadisa hare
O Kesava! O Lord of the universe! O Lord Hari, who have assumed the form of half-man, half-lion! All glories to You! Just as one can easily crush a wasp between one's fingernails, so in the same way the body of the wasp like demon Hiranyakasipu has been ripped apart by the wonderful pointed nails on Your beautiful lotus hands.
Prayers in Worship of Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda
These are verses in praise of Lord Sri Caitanya (Nimai), the most recent incarnation of the Supreme, Lord Krishna, who appeared 500 years ago. Then there is the 108 names of Lord Caitanya. These are followed by prayers to Lord Nityananda (Nitai), the incarnation of Lord Krishna's brother, Balarama.
Prayers to Lord Caitanya
svardhunyash charu-tire sphuritam ati-brihat-kurma-prishthabha-gatram
ramyaramavritam san-mani-kanaka-mahasadma-sanghaih paritam
shri-vrindatavy-abhinnam tri-jagad-anupamam shri-navadvipam ide
"I praise that holy dham, Navadvipa, which, being entirely nondifferent from Shri Vrindavana, is completely different from the material world consisting of the three planetary systems. It is situated on the gorgeous banks of the Ganges covered by beautiful groves and gardens appearing in form like the back of a gigantic turtle. Situated there are many great palatial houses made of gold bedecked with brilliant jewels, where Krishna-sankirtana is always being performed in the mellow of ecstatic love."
caitanyam kanaka-dyutim nija-janaih samsevyamanam bhaje
"I worship Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who is being served by all His devotees and associates; whose hair is bound with strings of pearls; on whose moonlike face is the nectar of His gentle smile. His beautiful golden body is covered with lovely garments and various shining ornaments. He is so charming, being absorbed as He is in the enjoyment of sweet mellows in dancing, and is more splendid in His dress than even Cupid himself."
yad advaitam brahmopanishadi tad apy asya tanu-bha
ya atmantaryami purusha iti so 'syamsha-vibhavaha
shad-aishvaryaih purno ya iha bhagavan sa svayam ayam
na chaitanyat krishnaj jagati para-tattvam param iha
"What the Upanishads describe as the impersonal Brahman is but the effulgence of His body, and the Lord known as the Supersoul is but His localized plenary portion. He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krishna Himself, full with six opulences. He is the Absolute Truth, and no other truth is greater than or equal to Him." (Caitanya-caritamrita, Adi-lila 1.3)
anarpita-charim chirat karunayavatirnah kalau
samarpayitum unnatojjvala-rasam sva-bhakti-shriyam
sada hridaya-kandare sphuratu vah shacinandanaha
"May that Lord, who is known as the son of Srimati Shacidevi, be transcendentally situated in the innermost chambers of your heart. Resplendent with the radiance of molten gold. He has appeared in the age of Kali by His causeless mercy to bestow what no incarnation ever offered before: the most sublime and radiant spiritual knowledge of the mellow taste of His service." (Cc. Adi, 1.4.)
radha krishna-pranaya-vikritir hladini-shaktir asmad
ekatmanav api bhuvi pura deha-bhedam gatau tau
chaitanyakhyam prakatam adhuna tad-dvayam chaikyam aptam
radha-bhava-dyuti-suvalitam naumi krishna-svarupam
"The loving affairs of Sri Radha and Krishna are transcendental manifestations of the Lord's internal pleasure-giving potency. Although Radha and Krishna are one in Their identity, They have separated Themselves eternally. Now these two transcendental identities have again united in the form of Sri Krishna Caitanya. I bow down to Him, who has manifested Himself with the sentiment and complexion of Shrimati Radharani although He is Krishna Himself." (Cc.Adi,1.5)
shri-radhayah pranaya-mahima kidrisho vanayaiva-
svadyo yenadbhuta-madhurima kidrisho va madiyaha
saukhyam chasya mad-anubhavatah kidrisham veti lobhat
tad-bhavadhyah samajani shachi-garbha-sindhau harinduhu
"Desiring to understand the glory of Radharani's love, the wonderful qualities in Him that she alone relishes through Her love, and the happiness She feels when She realizes the sweetness of His love, the Supreme Lord Hari, richly endowed with Her emotions, appears from the womb of Srimati Shachidevi, as the moon appears from the ocean." (Cc. Adi. 1.6)
dheyeyam sada paribhava-ghnam abhishta-doham
tirthaspadam shiva-virinchi-mutam sharanyam
vande mahapurusha te charanaravindam
"O Supreme Personality of Godhead, O protector of the surrendered souls, You are now playing the role of Your own devotee, and Your lotus feet are the only object of perpetual meditation for the pure living entities. They destroy the material existence of the living entity. They are the fulfiller of all desires, the abode of all holy places, worshipable even by Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva, the shelter of all that exists, the destroyer of the troubles of Your devotees and the only boat for crossing over the ocean of material existence. Therefore I offer my obeisances unto Your lotus feet." (Bhagavatam 11.5.33)
dharmishtha arya-vachasa yadagad aranyam
maya-mrigam dayitayepsitam anvadhavad
vande mahapurusha te charanaravindam
"O Mahaprabhu, You have given up the goddess of fortune (Lakshmi, Your wife), whose glance is desired by the great demigods, and who is the most difficult attachment to renounce. In order to keep the word of some brahmana's curse, You have gone to the forest. Thus to show Your great mercy to the helpless living entities who are following maya--the illusory energy--You have chased after them to give them Your own devotional service. Therefore I offer my humble obeisances unto Your lotus feet." (Bhagavatam 11.5.34)
"I bow down to Lord Krishna, who appears as a devotee (Lord Caitanya), as His personal expansion (Sri Nityananda), His incarnation (Sri Advaita), His devotee (Sri Srivasa), and His energy (Sri Gadadhara), and who is the source of strength for the devotees." (Cc.Adi.1.14)
caitanya-chandraya namo namas te
"Obeisances unto Him, Sri Caitanya-chandra, the giver of the mellow of the highest love of Godhead, who is the embodiment of blissful pastimes, and who is so beautiful, having a dazzling luster, like gold." (Chaitanya-chandramrita)
namne gaura-tvise namaha
"O most munificent incarnation! You are Krishna Himself appearing as Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu. You have assumed the golden color of Srimati Radharani, and You are widely distributing pure love of Krishna. We offer our respectful obeisances unto You." (Cc.Madhya. 19.53)
108 Names of Lord Chaitanya
by Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya
1) namaskritya pravaksyami deva-devam jagad-gurum
namnam-ashtotara-shatam caitanyasya mahatmanaha
After offering my respectful obeisances unto the Lord of Lords, Who is the spiritual master of the entire universe, I will now narrate 108 holy names of Lord Chaitanya, the great soul.
2) vishvambharo jita-krodho maya-manusha-vigrahaha
amayi mayinam shreshto vara-desho dvijottamaha
Vishvambhara--He sustains the universe
Jita-krodha--He is victorious over the influence of mundane anger
Maya-manusha-vigraha--He assumes the illusory form of a human
Amayi--He is bereft of fraudulent behavior
Mayinam Shresta--He is the foremost of (transcendental) cheaters
Vara-desha--He appears in the best of lands
Dvijottama--He is the ultimate brahmana
3) jagannatha-priya-sutah pitri-bhakto maha-manaha
lakshmi-kantah shachi-putrah premado bhakta-vatsalah
Jagannatha-priya-suta--He is the dearest son of Jagannatha Mishra
Pitri-bhakta--He is the devotee of His father
Maha-mana--He has great mental power
Lakshmi-kanta--He is the beloved husband of the Goddess of Fortune
Shachi-putra--He is the son of mother Shachi
Premada-He is the bestower of ecstatic loving devotion
Bhakta-vatsala--He is very affectionate to His devotees
4) dvija-priyo dvija-varo vaishnava-prana-nayakaha
dvi-jati-pujakah shantah shrivasa-priya ishvaraha
Dvija-priya--He is dear to the twice-initiated brahmanas
Dvija-vara--He is the best amongst the brahmanas
Vaishnava-prana-nayaka--He is the hero of the devotees' life & soul
Dvi-jati-pujaka--He is the worshiper of the brahmanas
Shanta-He is peaceful and saintly
Shrivasa-priya--He is very dear to Srivasa Pandita
Ishvara--He is the supreme controller
5) tapta-kanchana-gaurangah simha-grivo maha-bhujaha
pita-vasa rakta-pattah sad-bhujo 'tha chatur-bhujaha
Tapta-kanchana-gauranga--His complexion is like molten gold
Simha-griva--His neck is like the lion's
Maha-bhuja--His arms are very muscular
Pita-vasa--He wears yellow cloth (when a householder)
Rakta-patta--He wears red cloth (when a sannyasi)
Sad-bhuja--He exhibits a six-armed form [atha--and furthermore]
Chatur-bhuja--He exhibits a four-armed form
6) dvi-bhujash cha gada-panih chakri padma-dharo 'malaha
pancha-janya-dharah sharngi venu-panih surottamaha
Dvi-bhuja--He exhibits a two armed form [ca--and]
Gada-pani--He holds the mace
Chakri--He holds the discus
Padma-dhara--He holds the lotus
Amala--He is sinless
Pancha-janya-dhara--He holds the Panca-janya conchshell
Sharngi--He holds the bow
Venu-pani--He holds the flute
Surottama--He is the foremost of the demigods
7) kamalaksheshvara prito gopa-liladhara yuva
nila-ratna-dharo rupya-hari kaustubha-bhushanaha
Kamalaksheshvara--He is the Lord of the lotus-eyed Lakshmi
Prita--He is beloved to all living beings
Gopa-liladhara--He is the abode of cowherding pastimes
Yuva--He is supremely youthful
Nila-ratna-dhara--He likes to wear sapphires
Rupya-hari--He likes to wear silver necklaces
Kaustubha-bhushana--He is adorned with the Kaustubha gem
8) shrivatsa-lanchano bhasvan-mani-dhrik kanja-lochanaha
tatanka-nila-shrih rudra-lila-kari guru-priyaha
Shrivatsa-lanchana--He is decorated with the mark of Shrivatsa
Bhasvan-mani-dhrik--His form is embellished with many beautiful jewels
Kanja-lochana--He has lotus petal-shaped eyes
Tatanka-nila-shri--His majesty is enhanced by sapphire earrings
Rudra-lila-kari--He sometimes enacts the pastimes of Lord Shiva
Guru-priya--He is very dear to His spiritual master
9) sva-nama-guna-vakta-cha namopadesha-dayakaha
achandala-priyah shuddhah sarva-prani-hite rataha
Sva-nama-guna-vakta--He is aware of the attributes of His own holy name
Namopadesha-dayaka--He imparts teachings about the holy names
Achandala-priya--He is dear even to the lowest outcastes
Shuddha--His character is totally immaculate
Sarva-prani-hite-rata--He is engaged in the welfare of all living beings
10) vishvarupanujah sandhyavatarah shitalashayaha
nihsima-karuno gupta atma-bhakti-pravartakaha
Vishvarupanuja--He is the younger brother of Vishvarupa
Sandhyavatara--He incarnated during the time of dusk
Shitalashaya--He is desirous of cooling the burning sufferings of living beings
Nihsima-karuna--His compassion is limitless
Gupta--He is very secretive
Atma-bhakti-pravartaka--He preaches devotion unto the true Self
11) mahanando nato nritya-gita-nama-priyah kavihi
arti-priyah shuchih shuddho bhavado bhagavat-priyaha
Mahananda--He is absorbed in the greatest bliss
Nata--He behaves as a dramatic actor
Nritya-gita-nama-priya--He is fond of dancing, singing & chanting the holy names
Kavi--He is a learned scholar and poet
Arti-priya--He is dear to those who are suffering
Shuchi--He is meticulously clean
Shuddha--He is spotlessly pure
Bhavada--He confers ecstatic loving emotions
Bhagavat-priya--He is intimate with the great devotees
nyasi-chudamanih krishnah sannyasashrama-pavanaha
Indradi-sarva-lokesha-vandita-shri-padambuja--His divine lotus feet are worshiped by Lord Indra and all the rulers of various heavenly planets
Nyasi-chudamani--He is the crest jewel of renunciates
Krishna--He is the all attractive Supreme Personality of Godhead
Sannyasashrama-pavana--He is the purifier of the renounced order
13) chaitanya krishna-chaitanya danda-dhrig nyasta-dandakaha
Chaitanya--He is the living force of all creation
Krishna-Chaitanya--He is the all-attractive living force
Danda-dhrik--He carries the staff of the renounced order
Nyasta-dandaka--He abandons the staff of the renounced order
Avadhuta-priya--He is dear to the divine madman (Srila Nityananda Prabhu)
Nityananda-sad-bhuja-darshaka--He shows His six-armed form to Nityananda
14) mukunda-siddhi-do dino vasudevamrita-pradaha
gadadhara-prana-natha arti-ha sharana-pradaha
Mukunda-siddhi-da--He gives perfection to His devotee Mukunda
Dina--He behaves with meek and humble mannerisms
Vasudevamrita-prada--He gives nectar to this devotee Vasudeva (the leper)
Gadadhara-prana-natha--He is the Lord of the life of Gadadhara Pandita
Arti-ha--He removes the distress of His devotees
Sharana-prada--He bestows ultimate shelter to His devotees
15) akinchana-priyah prano guna-grahi jitendriyaha
adosha-darshi sumukho madhurah priya-darshanaha
Akinchana-priya--He is dear to those who possess nothing
Prana--He is the life and soul of all creation
Guna-grahi--He accepts only the good qualities of others
Jitendriya--He is victorious over the influence of the material senses
Adosha-darshi--He is blind to the faults of others
Sumukha--He has a pleasant face
Madhura--He is supremely sweet
Priya-darshana--He is very precious to behold
16) pratapa-rudra-samtrata ramananda-priyo guruhu
Pratapa-rudra-samtrata--He delivers Maharaja Pratapa Rudra from obstacles
Ramananda-priya--He is the beloved of Ramananda Raya
Guru--He is the spiritual master of every living being
Ananta-guna-sampannah--He is endowed with limitless good qualities
Sarva-tirthaika-pavana--He is the sole purifier of all places of pilgrimage
17) vaikuntha-natho lokesho bhaktabhimata-rupa-dhrik
narayano maha-yogi jnana-bhakti-pradah prabhuhu
Vaikuntha-natha--He is the Lord of the spiritual world of no anxiety
Lokesha--He is the Lord of all the material planets
Bhaktabhimata-rupa-dhrik--He assumes different forms according to the desires of His devotees
Narayana--He is the supreme shelter for all living beings
Maha-yogi--He is the greatest performer of yoga
Jnana-bhakti-pradah--He imparts intellectual knowledge of devotion
Prabhu--He is the Lord and Master of all
18) piyusha-vachanah prithvi-pavanah satya-vak sahaha
Piyusha-vachana--His words emit showers of pure nectar
Prithvi-pavana--He is the savior of the earth
Satya-vak--He speaks truthfully
Saha--He can endure all forms of misery
Oda-desha-jananandi--He delights the people of Orissa
Sandohamrita-rupa-dhrik--He embodies the form of all universal nectar
19) yah pathed pratar utthaya chaitanyasya mahatmanaha
shraddhaya parayopetah stotram sarvagha-nashanam
prema-bhaktir harau tasya jayate natra samshayaha
It is recommended that upon rising in the morning, one faithfully approach and recite this transcendental sin-destroying prayer to Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, the great soul. One who does will feel the awakening of ecstatic loving devotion unto Lord Hari; of this there is no doubt.
20) asadhya-roga-yukto 'pi muchyate roga-sankatat
sarvaparadha-yukto 'pi so 'paradhat pramucyate
Even if one is afflicted with an incurable disease, one becomes freed from all danger of the ailment. Even if one has committed all types of offenses, one becomes freed from their effects.
21) phalguni-paurnamasyan tu chaitanya-janma-vasare
shraddhaya paraya bhaktya maha-stotram japan purch
yad yat prakurute kamam tat tad evachiral labhet
If one chants this great prayer with faith and transcendental devotion on Lord Chaitanya's appearance day (the full moon day in the month of Phalguna), then one perpetually attains the fulfillment of their each and every pure desire.
22) aputro vaishnavam putram labhate natra-samshayaha
ante chaitanya-devasya smritir bhavati shashvati
If a devotee couple wishes to have a child but are unable, then they will obtain a Vaishnava child without a doubt. And at the time of death, they will attain remembrance of Sri Chaitanya-deva and enter His eternal pastimes.
Prayers to Lord Nityananda
nityanandam aham naumi
"I bow down to the Supreme Lord Nityananda Prabhu, who is the awarder of the highest joy to all, the bestower of the holy name and the crest jewel of all paramahamsa mendicants."
garbhoda-shayi cha payobdhi-shayi
sheshash cha yasyamsha-kalah sa nitya-
nandakhya-ramah sharanam mamastu
"May Sri Nityananda Rama be the object of my constant remembrance. Sankarshana, Shesha Naga and the Vishnus who lie on the Karana Ocean [Maha-Vishnu], Garbha Ocean [Garbodakashayi Vishnu] and ocean of milk [Kshirodakashayi Vishnu] are His plenary portions and the portion of His plenary portions." (Cc.Adi.1.7)
rupam yasyodbhati sankarshanakhyam
tam shri-nityananda-ramam prapadye
"I surrender unto the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, who is known as Sankarshana in the midst of the chatur-vyuha (consisting of Vasudeva, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha). He possesses full opulences and resides in Vaikunthaloka, far beyond the material creation." (Cc.Adi.1.8)
shete sakshat karanambhodhi-madhye
yasyaikamshah shri-puman adi-devas
tam shri-nityananda-ramam prapadye
"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose partial representation called Karanodakashayi Vishnu, lying on the Karana Ocean, is the original purusha, the master of the illusory energy, and the shelter of all the universes." (Cc.Adi.1.9)
loka-srashtuh sutika-dhama dhatus
tam shri-nityananda-ramam prapadye
"I offer my full obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, a partial part of whom is Garbhodakashayi Vishnu. From the navel of Garbhodakashayi Vishnu sprouts the lotus that is the birthplace of Brahma, the engineer of the universe. The stem of that lotus is the resting place of the multitude of planets." (Cc.Adi.1.10)
poshta vishnur bhati dugdhabdhi-shayi
kshauni-bharta yat-kala so 'py anantas
tam shri-nityananda-ramam prapadye
"I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Vishnu lying in the ocean of milk. That Kshirodakashayi Vishnu is the Supersoul of all living entities and the maintainer of all the universes. Shesha Naga is His further sub-part." (Cc.Adi.1.11)
chitra shandau tamo-nudau
"I offer my respectful obeisances unto Sri Krishna Caitanya and Lord Nityananda, who are like the sun and moon. They have arisen simultaneously on the horizon of Gauda to dissipate the darkness of ignorance and thus wonderfully bestow benediction upon all." (Cc.Adi.1.2.)
shri-krishna-chaitanya prabhu nityananda
shri-adwaita gadadhara shrivasadi-gaura-bhakta-vrinda
Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
Eight Prayers Glorifying Lord Nityananda
by Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura
(Translations by Srila Gour Govinda Svami)
sarac-candra-bhrdntim sphurad-amala-kantim gaja-gatim
hari-premonmattam dhrta-parama-sattvam smita-mukham
sadaghurnan-netram kara-kalita-vetram kali-bhidam
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Sri Nityananda Prabhu's face is more beautiful and cooling than the autumnal moon. The effulgence coming out from His body is supremely beautiful. He always moves like a mad elephant, since He is always intoxicated with krsna-prema (love of God). He is always mad after krsna-prema. His body is completely pure spiritual energy. He always has a smiling face. His eyes are very fickle, moving to and fro. His lotus hand always holds a glowing staff. Yes, that is Sri Nityananda, who by the beating of that staff, destroys all our reactions of Kali-yuga. We should take shelter of Sri Nityananda and cry for the mercy of Sri Nityananda! He is the root of krsna-prema bhakti-kalpa-taru, the root of the tree of loving devotion unto Krsna. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
rasanam agaram svajana-gana-sarvasvam atulam
sada-premonmadam param aviditam manda-manasam
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Sri Nityananda Prabhu is the reservoir of all transcendental mellows. He is the life and soul of all the devotees. Nobody can compare to Him in all the three planetary systems. He is very dear to one and all. He is the beloved husband of Sri Vasudha and Sri Jahnava. He is always in an ecstatic mood of love! Always maddened and intoxicated with that mellow of love, krsna-prema. He is unknown to crooked and evil-minded persons. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
sacl-sunu-prestham nikhila-jagad-istam sukha-mayam
harer dkhydndd vd bhava-jaladhi-garvonnati-haram
bhaje nitydnandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Lord Nityananda is very dear to Sriman Gaurahga Mahaprabhu. He always does good to the whole universe. He is always supremely bliss-ful. He is the embodiment of supreme happiness and blissfulness. He comes to this material world in this Kali-yuga to deliver the sinful persons. There is no limit to His mercy. He constantly does nama-sankirtana, (congregational chanting of the Lord’s holy names) destroying the pride of this dreadful ocean of material existence. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
aye bhratar ninam kali-kalusinam kim nu bhuvita
tatha prayascittam racaya yad-anayasata ime
vrajanti tvam ittham saha bhagavata mantrayati yo
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Lord Nityananda tells Sriman Gauranga Mahaprabhu, "0 brother, what will happen to those most distressed and fallen jivas of Kali-yuga? What will happen to them unless You shower Your mercy on them? Please show them a way for their deliverance by which they can approach and get Your lotus feet." He always talks to Sriman Mahaprabhu like this. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
yathestham re bhratah kuru hari-hari-dhvanam anisam
tato vah samsarambudhi-tarana-dayo mayi laget
idam bahu-sphotair atati ratayan yah pratigrham
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Lord Nityananda goes to every doorstep and requests everyone with folded hands, "0 my dear brothers, all of you engage yourselves in the chanting of hari-nama (chanting the holy names of Hari). If you do this and follow My instruction, I promise that you will very easily cross over this dreadful ocean of material existence." I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
balat samsarambhonidhi-harana-kumhhodbhavam aho
satam sreyah-sindhunnati-kumuda-bandhum samuditam
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
Like Agastya Muni, who by drinking a handful of water made all the oceans dry up, He forcibly swallows the ocean of repeated birth and death. He arose like a moon to swell up the ocean of mercy for the welfare of the jivas. He very easily destroys the sinful reactions of the most sinful degraded persons. He is very dear to the devotees. He is always busy doing good to the devotees. He is like the sun that dispels the darkness of the ignorant fools which descended by their sinful activities. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
natantam gayantam harim anuvadantam pathi pathi
vrajantam pasyantam svam api na dayantam janu-ganam
prakurvantam santam sa-karuna-drg-antam prakalanad
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-turu-kandam niravadhi
He is always dancing and chanting, "Haribol! Haribol!" Uttering the name of Hari. He always engages in hari-nama-sankirtana. He always wanders on the streets of every city, town, and village casting His merciful glance over His dear devotees. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-hhakti-vrksa.
su-bibhranam bhratuh kara-sarasijam komalataram
bhramantam madhuryair ahaha madayantam pura-janan
bhaje nityanandam bhajana-taru-kandam niravadhi
He moves with Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu holding His very soft lotus-like palm. He always looks at the moon-like beautiful face of Sri Gauracandra and becomes ecstatic and blissful! And Sriman Gauranga Mahaprabhu also looks at the moon-like, beautiful face of Sri Nitai. In this way, the two of Them are completely filled with blissfulness. He always makes all the inhabitants of the towns and cities wherever He goes mad with the intoxication of His beauty. I do my bhajana of Lord Nityananda, the very root of the krsna-bhakti-vrksa.
rasanam adharam rasika-vara-sad-vaisnava-dhanam
rasagaram saram patita-tati-taram smaranataha
param nityanandastakam idum apurvam pathati yah
tad-anghri-dvandvabjam sphuratu nitaram tasya hridaye
Srila Vrindavana dasa Thakura says, "Whoever reads and recites with firm faith this Sri Nityanandastakam, will have the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Prabhu soon revealed to him. These eight verses are the essence of bhakti-rasa. They are the life and soul of all rasika-bhaktas and the reservoir of all mellows. Lord Nityananda is the essence of the universe, the three planetary systems, and by His remembrance, the sinful reactions of all sinful persons are destroyed."
12 Names of the Moonlike Nityananda Prabhu by Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya
One who recites these 12 auspicious holy names of the moonlike Nityananda-candra everyday between 6 - 8.30 a.m. will become free from all difficulties, and attain all his most cherished desires. Very soon he will receive the mercy of Shri Caitanya-deva.
nityanando ´vadhutendur, vasudha-prana-vallabhah
jahnavi-jivita-patih, krishna-prema-pradah prabhu
Shri Nityananda Prabhu is the embodiment of eternal bliss. He is the moon of all avadhutas, and the beloved of the life-breath of Vasudha (his wife). Lord Nityananda is the husband enthusing Jahnavi with life. Nityananda Rama bestows ecstatic love for Krishna, and He is the Lord and Master of the devotees.
Padmavati-sutah shriman, shaci-nandana-purvajah
Bhavonmatto jagat-trata, rakta-gaura-kalevarah
Shri Nityananda is the dear son of Padmavati, and He is full of splendrous transcendental majesty. Nitai is the older brother of Shacimata´s son Nimai. Nityananda Avadhuta is maddened in overwhelming ecstatic emotions. Shri Nityananda Prabhu is the saviour of the universe. His complexion is golden tinged with red.
NITAI AMAR DAYAR AVADHI
My Most Merciful Nitai
By Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura
are bhai! nitai amar doyara avadhi!
jivere karuna kori,' dese dese phiri' phiri'
prema-dhana jache nirabadhi
adwaitera sange ranga, dharane na jaya anga,
gora-preme gada tanu khani
dhuliya dhuliya chale, bahu tuli' hari bole,
du-nayane bahe nitaiera pani
kapale tilaka sobhe, kutila-kuntala-lole
gunjara antuni chuda taya
kesarijiniya kati, kati tate niladhati
bajana nupura ranga paya
bhubana-mohana besa! majaila sava desa!
rasd bese atta atta hasa!
prabhu mora nityananda kevala ananda-kanda
guna gaya vrindavana dasa
1. 0 Brothers! My Nitai's mercy is limitless. He wanders village to village giving prema-dhana (the mood of love of God) to one and all.
2. He always cuts jokes with Sri Advaita Acarya. His whole body is made of love for Gauranga Mahaprabhu. He is always intoxicated with prema-rasa. An intoxicated person is unable to walk properly. How does He walk? Like that: dhuliya dhuliya chale. Raising His arms and saying, "Haribol! Haribol! Haribol!" and shedding tears from His two lotus eyes.
3. Nice tilaka and curly locks beautifully decorate His forehead. His hair is bound up with red gunja. A blue belt encircles His lion-like waist. His feet look red. He wears nupura on his reddish feet always making a tinkling, tinkling sound.
4. His beauty enchants the whole world. Always absorbed in prema-rasa, He smiles and laughs! —Atta atta hasa! Vrndavana dasa sings, "Lord Nityananda Prabhu is my Prabhu (master). He's full of nothing but pleasure."
NITAI GUNA-MANI AMARA
My Lord Nitai is the Jewel of all Transcendental Qualities
By Srila Locana dasa Thakura
nitai guna-mani amara, nitai guna-mani
aniya premera banya bhasailo avani
premera banya loiya nitai aila gauda-dese
dubilo bhakata-gana dina hina bhase
dina hina patita pamara nahi bachhe
brahmara durlabha prema sabakare jache
abaddha karuna-sindhu katiya muhana
ghare ghare bule prema-amiyara bana
lochan bole hena nitai jeba na bhajilo
janiya suniya sei atma-ghati hoilo
It is said that Srila Nityananda Prabhu is more merciful, more magnanimous, more munificent than Sriman Gauranga (Sri Caitanya) Mahaprabhu.
1. My Nitai is the jewel of transcendental qualities, the jewel of transcendental qualities. Bringing the flood of prema, He inundated the earth.
2. Sri Nitai came to Gauda-desa with a flood of krishna-prema. dubilo bhakata-gana dina hind bhase, those who are bhaktas drowned in that flood, premera banya. But the dina hina, the fallen souls and unfortunate, floated on the surface!
3. Lord Nityananda Prabhu offers this pure love of Godhead, pure love of Krishna indiscriminately. He distributes this prema with two hands! He never discriminates whether one is patita or pamara: most degraded, most fallen or most elevated, qualified or not qualified. He never discriminates. Even it is very difficult for Brahma to get such prema. But Sri Nitai gives indiscriminately.
4. That prema is karuna-sindhu—like an ocean of mercy. Nitai broke down the strong embankment of the ocean of love. Completely devastated that dam! That ocean of love is an unlimited ocean of love. So then there was a heavy rush flowing, heavy rush! Such a flood came. A flood in every home. That flood came to every home. It inundated the whole world!
5. Locana says, "He is an unfortunate fellow who does not take shelter of Nitai and does not do the bhajana of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, begging for the mercy of Sri Nitai. He willingly commits suicide.
SRI NAGAR KIRTANA
The Market Place of the Holy Name
By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
nadiya-godrume nityananda mahajana
patiyache nam-hatta jivera karana
(sraddhavan jana he, sraddhavan jana he)
prabhura ajnay, bhai, magi ei bhiksha
bolo krsna, bhajo krsna, koro krsna-shiksa
aparadha-shunya ho 'ye leha krsna-nama
krsna mata, krsna pita, krsna dhana-prana
krsnera samsara koro chadi anacara
jive doya, krsna-nama-sarva-dharma-ssra
1. Nityananda Mahajana so mercifully opened a marketplace in Nadiya-Godruma for the welfare of the suffering souls. In that market place only the Holy Name is traded.
2. What is the price? sraddhavana jana he! sraddhavana jana he! Those who have faith in the Holy Name and faith in the words of sadhu, sastra, guru. This is the price! Faith! Only those persons are allowed to enter that marketplace. They can buy and sell the Holy Name. Sri Nityananda Prabhu requests the faithful persons, those who have developed faith in the Holy Name, to come and take it! Sri Nityananda Prabhu says, 'This is the order of My Lord! My Prabhu! My Master! Therefore I have come to your doorstep, 0 brother! I am a beggar! I beg for these alms. 'Utter the name of Krsna! Do krsna-bhajana! Accept what Krsna has taught us!' These are the alms I am begging from you.
3. Chant this Holy Name without offense. Chant the pure Name of Sri Krishna. Sri Krishna is Mother, Sri Krishna is Father, Sri Krishna is wealth and asset. Sri Krishna is the Lord of my heart, Sri Krishna is life and soul, Krishna is everything.
4. Give up all your bad dealings, habits, and behavior and enter into krsna-samsara. The only relationship is with Sri Krishna, establish yourself in that relationship. Shower mercy on all the jivas seeing them as Sri Krishna's and completely surrender unto the Holy Name of Sri Krishna. This is the essence of all dharma.
MADHUR E HARINAMA
This Holy Name is So Sweet
By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura
hare krsna hare
nitai ki nam eneche re
(nitai) nam eneche, namer hate
sraddha-mulye nam diteche re
hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare re
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare re
(nitai) jiver dasa malina dekhe',
nam eneche braja theke re
e nam siva jape pancha-mukhe re
(madhur e harinam)
e nam brahma jape catur-mukhe re
(madhur e harindm)
e nam narada jape bina-jantre re
(madhur e harindm)
e nama base ajamilo vaikunthe gelo re
e nam bolte bolte braje calo re
Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai (Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda) are so wonderfully merciful. They brought this harinama from Goloka-Vrndavana. Golokera prema-dhana hari-nama sankirtana. It doesn't belong to this material world. Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai brought it here because they are so wonderfully merciful. Who is the custodian of nam-hatta? Sri Nitai! Nama-hatta means marketplace. A market-place where the (holy) name is sold and purchased. What is the price? The price is unflinching faith. He who has strong faith, unflinching faith in the Holy Name and faith in the words of sadhu, sastra, Sri Guru and Sri Krishna, only he can purchase it. The market is always eternally open.
hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare re
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare re
Sri Nitai is more merciful than Sriman Gauranga Mahaprabhu. Sri Gaurasundara (Lord Caitanya) is wonderfully merciful. Sri Nitai is more merciful than Sri Gaurasundara. Sri Nitai is so merciful. He saw that the jivas have been suffering here, drowning in this ocean of materialistic existence from time immemorial. His heart bleeds, so Sri Nitai felt love, affection and compassion for them. He became sympathetic for the suffering souls, so He brought the Holy Name from Sri Vrajabhumi for those Kali-yuga people.
Lord Sivaji with His five faces is chanting this madhura e harinama; this is so sweet this harinama! Lord Brahma chants this Sri- nama with His four faces, because it is so sweet!
Sri Narada Muni sings this Holy Name with his stringed instrument,
hare krsna hare krsna krsna krsna hare hare
hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare
All are chanting because it is so sweet!
Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "By only obtaining the namabhasa stage (offenseless chanting), Ajamila, a greatly sinful person was delivered. All his sinful reactions were destroyed, then at last he went to Vaikuntha!" So Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "Just chant this Name, utter this Holy Name and go to Sri Vrajabhumi."
AKRODHA PARAMANANDA NTTYANANDA RAYA
Sri Nityananda Prabhu Never Gets Angry
By Srila Locana dasa Thakura
akrodha paramananda nityananda raya
abhimana shunya nitai nagare bedaya
adhama patita jivera dware dware giya
harinama maha mantra dena bilaiya
jare dekhe tare kahe dante trina dhori'
amare kiniya laha bhaja gaurahari
eta boli' nityananda bhume gadi jaya
sonara parvata jena dhulate lotaya
hena avatare jara rati na janmilo
locana bole sei papi elo ara gelo
1. Lord Nityananda Raya never gets angry. He is always in ecstasy, supreme bliss. He has no false ego. He wanders to every town and village in Nadia chanting Hare Krishna, dancing, and offering krsna-prema (love of Krishna) to everyone indiscriminately.
2. Sri Nitai goes to every doorstep and knocks on the door, 'Tap! Tap!Tap!' He goes to those who are very much distressed, degraded, and fallen. He goes to them and gives them krsna-prema. He says, "Please Chant! Please Chant! ": hare krishna, hare krishna, krishna Krishna, hare hare / hare rama, hare rama, rama rama, hare hare. If they do not chant and shut the door, then He rolls there on the ground and cries!
3. Whomever He meets, catching a straw between His teeth, He begs, "0 Brothers! Please do the bhajana of Sri Gaurahari and purchase Me, purchase Me, purchase Me."
4. Saying this, Lord Nityananda rolls on the ground in the dust, cries, and sheds tears, looking like a mountain of gold rolling on the ground.
5. Such a merciful incarnation is Lord Nityananda. If someone doesn't develop love for such an incarnation as Sri Nityananda-Rama, Locana says, "Such a sinful person wastes his life, remaining in the cycle of birth and death. He cannot be delivered."
DOYA KORO MORE NITAI
My Dear Lord Nitai! Please Be Merciful To Me
By Srila Kanu Ramadasa Thakura
Doya koro more nitai, doya koro more
agatira gati nitai sadhu loke bole
jaya prema bhakti data-pataka tomara
uttama adhama kichhu na kaila bichara
prema dane jagajanera mana kaila sukhi
tumi hena doyara thakura ami kene dukhi
kanu rama dasa bole ki boliba ami
e bada bharasa more kulera thakura tumi
1. 0 my Nitai, please shower your mercy on me. All sadhus say, "You are so merciful. You give the right destination to the fallen souls."
2. Lord Nityananda has a flag. That flag gives prema-bhakti. He never discriminates whether one is uttama or adhama, most elevated or most degraded. He gives prema-bhakti to one and all.
3. Sri Nityananda Prabhu gives prema to one and all and makes the whole world happy. You are such a merciful Thakura, why am I so unhappy?
4. Kanu Ramadasa says, "What more shall I say? 0 Lord Nityananda, You are the Lord of our parampara; so this is a great hope for me, that You are such a merciful Lord.”
The Lotus Feet of Lord Nityananda
By Srila Narottama dasa Thakura
je chayay jagatu juray
heno nitai bine bhai, radha-krsna paite nai,
dridha kori' dharo nitair pay
se sambandha nahi ja'r, britha janma gelo ta'r,
se pashu bodo durachara
nitai na bolilo mukhe, majilo samsara-sukhe,
vidya-kule ki koribe tara
ahankare matta hoiya, nitai-pada pasariya,
asatyere satya kori mani
nitaiyer karuna habe, braje radha-krsna pabe,
dharo nitai-charana du'khani
nitaiyer carana satya, tanhara sevaka nitya,
nitai-pada sada koro asha
narottama bodo dukhi, nitai more koro sukhi,
rakho ranga-charanera pasha
1. The lotus feet of Sri Nityananda are as cool as millions of moons. The whole universe gets peace by the shade of those lotus feet. Without the mercy of Sri Nityananda, nobody can get Radha and Krishna, the aim of human life. Therefore, catch hold of the two lotus feet of Sri Nityananda Prabhu very tightly.
2. One who has not established a relationship with Sri Nityananda is a two-legged animal. A great beast! His whole life is finished. He cannot be called a human being. He never utters the name of Sri Nityananda. He is always immersed in enjoying material happiness and has forgotten Sri Nitai. He may have acquired all material scholarship and learning, but what is the value of such education? This will never help.
3. They are so puffed up with their mundane education and scholarship. They are never humble at all. They have forgotten the lotus feet of Sri Nitai because of their false ego and pride. They are completely under the clutches of Maya. They accept the untruth as truth. If Sri Nityananda showers His mercy upon someone, he will get Sri Sri Radha Krishna in Vrajabhumi. So catch hold of the two lotus feet of Lord Nityananda very tightly.
4. The lotus feet of Sri Nityananda are eternally true. And those followers or servants of those lotus feet of Sri Nityananda are also eternal. Always aspire for the lotus feet of Sri Nityananda. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura says, "I am very distressed, and an unhappy person. I am drowning in this dreadful ocean of material existence. 0 Sri Nityananda Prabhu, please make me very happy! Please keep me at Your lotus feet."
Prayers to Nitai
hāinam mālinam divyopavītam prema-varshinam
āghūrnita-locanam cha nīlāmbara-dharam prabhum
prema-dam paramānandam nityānandam smarāmy aham
I meditate on Lord Nityananda Prabhu, supreme bliss personified. For bestowing pure love of God, he has created a shower of that love. His body, shining with the luster of red-tinged gold, is decorated with various ornaments and a necklace. Donned in blue garments, he wears a flower garland and divine sacred thread.
śuklam sūkshma-navāmbarādi-dadhatam sankīrtanaika-priyam
nityānandam aham bhaje sa-karunam premārnavam sundaram
I worship Lord Nityananda, who is the beautiful ocean of prema endowed with compassion and the sole lover of sakītana. His handsome bright form, dressed in fresh fine clothes and decorated with ornaments like precious jewels, derides the glow of pure gold. Possessing the prowess of an intoxicated regal elephant and mad in pure love of God, Lord Nityananda is filled with the streams of tears shed out of that love.
nānā-bhūshana-bhūshitam su-madhuram bibhrad-ghanābhāmbaram
sarvānanda-karam param pravara-nityānanda-chandram bhaje
I worship the transcendental moon of the foremost Lord Nityananda, who, being exquisitely sweet, makes everyone blissful. His effulgence defeats the pride of a string-like lightning. His chest is broad and his face extremely pleasing with its shining smile, and its eyes, restless out of pure love of God, making sidelong glances. He wears garments resembling a raincloud and is adorned with various ornaments.
— Translated by Nityananda Das from Śrī Manohara Bhajana Dīpikā, published by Sri Sudhasindhu Das. Govardhan.
19960715NEW JERSY BHAJAN WITH SRILA GURUDEVA Radhe Jaya Jaya .mp3